Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Just another brick in the wall
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little rant here so sorry in advance.

Hopefully starting a new job in the next few months and am considering a N/A skyline to to run along side my 32gtst as my work car. Is it just me or are there hardly any N/A's out there. I'm not in a position to buy at the moment but looking at the market there doesn't seem to be anything. I'm not a fan of R33's so would be looking at R32's or R34's. I don't want a modded one, just nice set of alloys. It doesn't help that i'm quite picky though lol.

I'm after either:

R32gts 2 door preferable in white. they all seem to come up in black and my gtst is black so don't want that.

R34 NA (not sure in code after R34 to describe NA). I wouldn't mind 2 or 4 door and any colour other than black.

The market is just flooded with turbo models :-( i'm not really fussy with R34's.
That's it rant over!!!!!

·
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol yeah *looks nervously over at GTST in the driveway*

There aren't any modded ones out either now I just looked again.

·
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks buddy, so if it says R34GT it's a turbo? Read conflicting things so confused lol

·
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, I thought that was the case but read what must be misinformed people ranting other wise. Now just gotta get this job, save a few pennies and buy one lol.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have an R34 GT in silver totally stock that im considering selling on and changing for a Turbo (i relay want that deep burble sound and turbo kick). Im not intending to do anything drastic to it except stick a new set of alloys on it so it might be available if your still looking in a few months.

·
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah cool matey. I'll have to see where my job takes me. If there is insane amounts of driving i'm gonna have to go diesel but if not it'll be skyline still :)

·
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Diesel skyline, I don't think there is such thing alas :( 70mpg in a skyline would be great though

·
Random Sarcasm Generator
1,872 Posts
Need to get yourself one of these bad boys R31 GT EXCEL D, GT PASSAGE D - 2.8 L Diesel RD28 SOHC I6, 92 hp (68 kW, 173 N m)

·
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh don't get the started on the older models, i'd love an R31 or R30. Interesting they did put a diesel lump in one. In fairness though it's not like the modern commonrail lumps. Nice find though mate. I'm gonna track down mpg figures of r31, if they exceed 30mpg I may be tempted.

·
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Annoying thing is i'd have to import an R30 or R31 by the looks of things, similar price to get an R34GT and at least they are likely to be less tired than a older car. Kinda need it reliable as a daily driver.

·
Wanting more skyline parts
31 Posts
You will find the N/A 34 code is actually HR34, Technically the ER34 is basically the same but also very different in some ways.

Both 2door 2.0 and 2.5 models use the FS5W71C Gearbox (also 4door 2.0) which is also found in most S-Bodys ((r)s13, (r)ps13 (r)s14 ), so very a strong reliablity proven box, they also have the R200 (open) diff as standard so very safe.

Servicing if you know where to get your parts is a breeze.

Have a look at the R34 service manual ive uploaded for you. All the info you will ever need for the R34's (excluding the GTR).

http://www.mediafire.com/?gvgwbu2kc53sta1

But like you have identified, there are not many examples around.

·
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
usefull info there buddy cheers. Servicing etc is not an issue for me as I live 20mins away from Garage D :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts