Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I seem to have a lack of power at the top end, I can easily redline the car in 1st, 2nd and 3rd, in 4th it will get there but it struggles and pop it into 5th and it just will not go any quicker, 118 mph in 4th and 5th is the max, car seems to strain? it is an 03 autobox which I use in tiptronic all the time
Gearbox oil seems ok, I have an intake tube with a pop charger on the end, makes no difference, anyone got any ideas?

appreciate the replies in advance

·
Tiger Uppercut!
633 Posts
It will be the speed limiter. Not sure how you would remove one from a 350.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts
Speed limiter! it needs removing via ECU, so uprev remap.

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts
Mine has no limiter.
And it hasn't had a remap.
May have been removed in Japan, can be removed with Nissan or other third party software.

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts
Cheers guys, I will get it booked in to Horsham, may as well get the Plenum done at the same time
May as well get a remap at the same time, as i think you will still get charged the license fee for just using the software to remove the limiter.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Car much better now, been into Horsham had a remap, plenum spacer fitted and some berks Hi Flow Cats, my old cats confirmed as being totally knackered, Dyno only came out at 275.7 but is definitely better than it was, I now make people jump when I accelerate in town lol

·
Registered
205 Posts
Car much better now, been into Horsham had a remap, plenum spacer fitted and some berks Hi Flow Cats, my old cats confirmed as being totally knackered, Dyno only came out at 275.7 but is definitely better than it was, I now make people jump when I accelerate in town lol
I was at Horsham yesterday for wheel alignment!

So is it now 275.7 bhp?
What's it like to drive now?

How much did it all cost?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts