Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

oops

thanks to all the people who saw me at the side of the road and rang me/text me to make sure i was ok. All the people at Peter and Karens party for the messages of support and everyone on facebook for their best wishes :) it's made the shock easier!

special thanks to Chris_23GTR, Stuartthefish and BenZ33 who have allready said they will help me out to get sorted!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear that. I know what the feeling of car meeting lamp post feels like and its not nice. But yeah, as already said, the car can be fixed.

Make sure your insurance pays the bill for the lamp post to the council, otherwise you will get it.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Bloody hell, you've not even had it long!

Sorry to see this matey, we've all been there. Cars can be fixed/replaced thankfully, you can't.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Hope you are ok, I too have had dealings with a lamp post.

Not a nice experience matey.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Like I said Saturday night Adam -its a piece of metal at the end of the day -just so glad you and your passengers were fine. Anything we can do to help just say x

·
12,294 Posts
I was wondering when you'd pluck up the courage to post it up!

To be fair, it wasn't all Adam's doing, it was the car. I was in it about a week ago after I got his engine running right, and the test drive was kinda scary, even at just 5psi. As soon as it was on boost it'd spin regardless of gear due to cheap tires that the seller fitted and bad geometry. Seems it had been set up for skidding. As soon as it came on boost the back end would kick to the left even on straight roads. Only thing this time was that back wheel clipped the grass as it was doing it, and spat him into a lamppost.

·
On the other side of the world in a 5.4ltr V8!
1,191 Posts
I was wondering when you'd pluck up the courage to post it up!

To be fair, it wasn't Adam's doing, it was the car. I was in it about a week ago after I got his engine running right, and the test drive was kinda scary, even at just 5psi. As soon as it was on boost it'd spin regardless of gear due to cheap tires that the seller fitted and bad geometry. Seems it had been set up for skidding. As soon as it came on boost the back end would kick to the left even on straight roads. Only thing this time was that back wheel clipped the grass as it was doing it, and spat him into a lamppost.
Unfortunately he was the squishy thing behind the wheel in control of it....still his fault:sorry:

But... Glad to hear no one was hurt. Just gone through the same with the girlfriend and her beetle so can feel your pain fella!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Sorry to hear this mate. After all the crap you had with getting to this point. I must say that I was bit worried when you posted a thread about you taking it out in the snow. I'm sure with the support of the forum and help from the members it'll be back to full strength in no time. Maybe sort the Geo and tyres out too. ;)

·
Registered
881 Posts
Sorry to hear it mate, but as already stated the main thing is that you're ok yourself. With the help of the guys on here you'll be back on the road before you know it! :)

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Like I said before mate, remind me never to let you get behind the wheel of one of my cars!! :p I had mine 4 years before I crashed it for the first time and that was on a racetrack!!

Just glad you all walked away from it, not many people pick a fight with a lamp post and live to tell the tale. At least it'll be a good story to tell down the pub!! lol

If there's anything I can do to help get you mobile again mate, just ask. :)

·
Seasoned Member
9,055 Posts
the car had a lot to do with it
Errrr, lets see car has crap tyres on it..... at 5psi boost it is known to spin up the rear wheels, the driver sits behind the wheel and is responsible for all input that causes the car to react this way, it is a lack of talent and bad driving, especially given the conditions and on wet slippy roads.

I'm sure we would all be gutted too if we'd of done it, but still to say it was the car is like saying... it was the motorbike that just fell under a bus, not the riders input that caused it.

·
12,294 Posts
Errrr, lets see car has crap tyres on it..... at 5psi boost it is known to spin up the rear wheels, the driver sits behind the wheel and is responsible for all input that causes the car to react this way, it is a lack of talent and bad driving, especially given the conditions and on wet slippy roads.

I'm sure we would all be gutted too if we'd of done it, but still to say it was the car is like saying... it was the motorbike that just fell under a bus, not the riders input that caused it.
Agreed he knew about it since I told him. I then took him out in mine straight after to show him the difference, so he could be shown that's not how they're supposed to be. It shouldn't be able to lose traction in 4th gear at just 5psi and then flick the back end out on a straight unless something's wrong, hence me saying the car didn't help matters. I'm not for a second saying he had nothing to do with it, but the car still played a big part in the outcome.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Agreed he knew about it since I told him. I then took him out in mine straight after to show him the difference, so he could be shown that's not how they're supposed to be. It shouldn't be able to lose traction in 4th gear at just 5psi and then flick the back end out on a dry straight unless something's wrong, hence me saying the car didn't help matters. I'm not for a second saying he had nothing to do with it, but the car still played a big part in the outcome.
One things for sure, you're not getting your hands on that bonnet now! Or maybe it's salvageable if you could make a lamp post shaped air intake??

(Sorry Adam. I'm totally sensitive to your pain, honest) :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts