Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone.need some help.hav an r32 gts-4.when im driving if i give it full power and it hits 5000rpm the lamda sencor light flashes on and off until i take my foot off the pedel.does anyone know wot it could be?

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
first off skylines dont have lambda lights so ill presume its the cat temp sensor light?

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
first off skylines dont have lambda lights so ill presume its the cat temp sensor light?
+1

What does the pic on the warning light look like?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
didnt no tht.its on the botem right of the cluster.is it normal for it to flash like tht whn its boasting?

·
9,198 Posts
No, a flashing warning light is not normal... under any circumstances.
It's flashing for a reason... if it's the cat converter light, you probably just have a blocked cat.

·
9,198 Posts
This is the bottom right of the instrument cluster of my R32 GTS-t....
The light on the left is for the cat converter (mine was binned long ago, but the light still works on the dash)

·
9,198 Posts
ders a decat in it.can a decat pipe get blocked?
I've never heard of an exhaust getting blocked... the sensor is probably loose or something.
But, to have the light come on at 5000rpm and knowing you don't have a cat makes me worried... the sensor for an item that's no longer present shouldn't bring up a warning light on the dash under specific conditions.

·
9,198 Posts
thts the same light tht fleshes on mine.does yours flash whn ur in boust?
Nope... what's happening to your car is definitely not normal

On a 32 I think it's used to fault find ECU error codes.
Hmm interesting... so it might be throwing a fault code at high revs under boost.

OP - I'd be getting that looked at before you potentially kill your engine

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
would it show up on computer if i pluged it in?or has anyone got any sugestions as to what i shuld do?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts