Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend anyone in the North West Kent area that could do 4 wheel laser alignment on my R33 GTR the car isnt lowered but is wearing the tyres on the inside edge

Any advice much appreciated. :cheers:

Brian

·
erm,when will I be cool?
1,202 Posts
yep - I may be interested in this too - always nice to have an expert look these things over before any more damage is gone.
Would be great to be given an all clear or a list of must dos.
:cheers:

·
Likes bananas
117 Posts
I can highly recommend Julian's experience at Maidstone Sportscars. It isn't a laser platform, but it really doesn't need to be either. It's done with two bars, two springs and two pieces of string. It sounds unlikely but do please trust me on this, it's incredibly simple and unbelievably effective. We take all our DeLoreans there for his work. We typically pay 1-2 hours labour.

http://www.maidstonesportscars.co.uk/

Tell them Martin at DeLorean Motor Cars pointed you to them.

·
Registered
295 Posts
NW Kent and your into Abbey/ Rk Tuning territory. Recognised tuners who are bound to know a thing or two about different setyps for the Skyline. I personally would rather go somewhere reputable to set up my alignment/camber/caster/toe than go to someone who only has the 'standard' book settings. Not that they would do a bad job but they might not know the 'optimum' settings for fast road/track etc

TT

·
Likes bananas
117 Posts
At MSC you have a bunch of bona fide racing drivers. I think they might be able to advise on how to achieve what you want from your handling.

MSC currently hold the Brands Hatch lap record in a 2 litre car. My mate Alex achieved it in a supercharged honda Exige. Academic. Anyway, they do know a thing or three about tracking/alignment.

A

·
0 Posts
mine will need doing next month when the adj camber arms are fitted might give it a run down there

·
Likes bananas
117 Posts
Tell ya what, having only had mine for 5 minutes, I've noticed the inside edge of the fronts getting bald and they're (allegedly) almost new. Want me to see if they'll do us a group discount?

·
erm,when will I be cool?
1,202 Posts
why not - any business would surely like to know they have a string of customers coming in.....

unless it's one of those that are so over run they would prefer you to just vanish

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tarmac terror said:
NW Kent and your into Abbey/ Rk Tuning territory. Recognised tuners who are bound to know a thing or two about different setyps for the Skyline. I personally would rather go somewhere reputable to set up my alignment/camber/caster/toe than go to someone who only has the 'standard' book settings. Not that they would do a bad job but they might not know the 'optimum' settings for fast road/track etc

TT
Yeah i know what you mean, i just wondered if anyone could recommend anywhere else that knows skylines, i have already spoken to abbey and they want £100 +VAT (£117.50) to do it!!

Group visit sounds good to me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts