Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Start a new job at the end of the month and thought seeing as I have a bit of time on my hands, might try and cram in a last minute road trip to the ring.
Now, I have never been before but there are others on the site that have so any advice would be helpful, you know the sort of thing:

Places to stay
Ring phone number in case of emergency
Particular things to look out for while driving through Germany and neighbouring countries
Will I need a Euro style number plate (either Euro or British flag etc)
Good places to eat
Recommended companies for repairs should they be necessary

I intend to spend 2 or 3 days there perhaps, I've been nagging her indoors for the last week or so to let me and tonight she finally said 'f'in go so I get peace'. Hope she meant on a temporary basis but I will cross that bridge when I get to it on my return :rofl:
Was thinking of going this or next week. Got a digital camera all sorted and an onboard that can take a feed from my street pilot speedometer etc and super impose it on the footage being shot.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I live only 3 hrs from the Ring! So PM me the details and let me know your plan maybe I can come along! Car is not moded yet but I would love to come anyway.

I went to the ring once already but was closed when i got there.. waiting for an excuse to go again.

There is a shop along the way as you reach the mid point of Germany if you are coming from up north. it is a Nissan dealer that usualy works on 34's but I have gotten 1 or 2 things for the 33 plus their knowledge is pretty good and if nothing else they have a shop with 3 lifts!

So let me know!

Laterz!

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
you lucky git mate id love to go again this year but cant afford it mate BUT u will enjoy it sooooooooooooo much mate but look through the international meet section and look through the 2007 ring trip i went on and enjoy,plus there is a thread i believe with what you will need mate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts