Laugh at my "drifting"

7K views 44 replies 27 participants last post by  Poirot 
#1 ·
#5 ·
nice one mate thats not too bad :bigthumb:

you still got your hicas in or not?

#11 ·
all about practice practice practice :)

you know when youve got the feeling of your car when you can go onto a busy round about in the rain and the back end comes out on you and instead of shitting yahself you smile and keep the car under control then wink at someone as you exit the round about :rofl: I do that rather alot tbh I so shouldnt but cant help it :funny:

#19 ·
welded it up bud! bit lively in the wet but great for sliding! :)

local indusrial estate one week, BDC super pro driver the next.

Keep up the good work
lol i wish bud, hittin a couple drift days over next month so should get a better grasp on it!

looks good m8 but be carfule the skyline likes to bite lol
yea they do..... lol need to get on the track for a couple days i think! :)

#23 ·
as daft as it sounds, the snappy ness of the back end is cause people bottle it. if conditions alow then you need more power and take it to the redline where the back will step back in, orrrr use power to get wheels and car facing the direction you want in a straight line and then lift off.

If you lift off mid drift the wheels stop spining, get traction then dig in which causes the back end to snap round and the fish tailing begins.

i drifted mine for ages with the hicas system fitted, ive got a complete removal kit fitted now and tbh i didnt notice a huge difference when skidding it.

#24 ·
not bad at all mate, in my oppinion youre better with the skyline over the bmw, i started drifting in a beema and it was awfull, the skyline is loads easyer to control, they can bite but once you get some practice and learn the car you wont worry about that, mine use to snap and get traction too quick on the exits but once my confidence got up i stoped this by just useing more power for the exits, which means more smoke and bigger brownie points :) this will be different for eveyone, everyone learns there own way of doing it so just keep with what you feal best with, all my mates use handbreak entry which i dont like, i prefer to downshift and just give it some welly, the back comes out so much smoother when i do that, when i get my new drifty wheels ill put a vid up, only a beginner aswell so dont expect 100mph drifts and backwards entrys yet lol

keep up the good work man and practice makes perfect

#26 ·
like it... you cant tell your more comfortable in the car now and getting some nice movement of the car, i think the best is when you come around the bottom left corner started before the corner, held it through and clean exit... now just more angle and :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.