Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone again.
Just been browsing and came across this lead foot racing strut brace / catch can combo.
Anyone got one of these?
Ever used lead foot racing?
Opinions on it?
I think it looks ok .

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
Looks nice and strong/rigid and the catch can idea is OK ...but the tubing slopes at the ends and the vent is also at the end so how long before the tube fills up and starts coming from the breather? unless the red box is part of it and is the main tank?

Don't forget that the alloy will cause a lot of water vapor to be condensed as it will be relatively cold so the breather gasses and water vapor will then rapidly condense...i know as i have run a remote catch can with long hoses and it filled up pretty quickly because of this effect....something to bare in mind.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is unusual and i like the fact it has a dual purpose. Not seen one before but like y
ou looks ok
I did enquire about it but they don't make it for the standard rb25 inlet manifold but are going to be making one at some point.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks nice and strong/rigid and the catch can idea is OK ...but the tubing slopes at the ends and the vent is also at the end so how long before the tube fills up and starts coming from the breather? unless the red box is part of it and is the main tank?

Don't forget that the alloy will cause a lot of water vapor to be condensed as it will be relatively cold so the breather gasses and water vapor will then rapidly condense...i know as i have run a remote catch can with long hoses and it filled up pretty quickly because of this effect....something to bare in mind.
I don't fully understand if I'm been honest I just liked the idea and look of it. I just screen shot some comments about it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
Unfortunately using the small dia tube as a catch can and having the breather at the lowest point is bad design IMO and as i said condensation would be a a major problem for fluid build up.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately using the small dia tube as a catch can and having the breather at the lowest point is bad design IMO and as i said condensation would be a a major problem for fluid build up.
What setup would you recommend?
My top two cam breathers are split so rather than buying those hoses I was going to use a catch can set up.

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had a read through the link and I think I understand????
Does this picture look ok and I should leave the pcv from cam cover to inlet as factory?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
I had a read through the link and I think I understand????
Does this picture look ok and I should leave the pcv from cam cover to inlet as factory?
Pic is too small to see...but personally i would remove the factory one way valve and block the plenum and run both cam cover breathers to a catch can,
normally i would use a sealed can with and outlet to the turbo inlet that way most of the oil vapor will end in the tank but you will still get the benefits of the vacuum created in the intake which in turn helps engine seals and also ring seal.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Emailed jdm garage and they said this can be plumbed back in to the turbo intake but it's not what the usually do.
So it looks like I've found my catch can

1 - 20 of 22 Posts