Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
RB Killer
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and girls wondering if anyone can help i was having a little tinker around the other day and noticed that if i take the recirc pipr of the standard bov and blank it the bov seems to be passing air out even on idle am i right in thinking this should not happen and would i br right in thinking that this loss of boost could be the casue of another problem i have of the car sometimes stalling when at idle help would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
ive had that exact problem too. only now with my intake, i can hear the dump valve leaking even as im accelerating with the pedal floored from 2000rpm up to 4500rpm, then it finally seals shut until i shift or back off the throttle. Its an annoying sound to hear the blow off valve open while im accelerating cause it sounds like the car is pissing air, and that also means the engine isnt running as efficient as it should be. Would a new OEM dump valve be a solution, or an aftermarket one? i want it to stay close until i make that shift or back off the throttle, not act like a bleed valve!

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
The std dump valve will prob open on idle if its got a weak spring and you've got a good vacumm.

If your dump valve leaks, one your hear it plus the car should run badly as its got no boost going in and will runa bit rich.

Jules it sounds very odd that it shuts up, normally when they eak they stay leaking!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
i got this one, take it off balst with wd40 inside leave for 30mins then blow with compessed air gently just a little and hey presto,worked for me:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts