Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
R32 GTR
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody,

ok, this has been a problem ever since i got my wee beastie. The seals have been replaced three times, and the last time, EVERY SINGLE SEAL, O RING AND GASKET was replaced with OEM nissan ones (which by the way cost £50!)
I have just recently had fuel filter changed as well. Injectors are not uprated (yet)Every one of them is leaking and quite badly at that.

What else could it be?

·
Autobahn Burner
1,223 Posts
might be time for some uprated injectors, if it doesn't cure the problem at least it's an upgrade. after that, the only thing left is the fu.el rail itself

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
How were they fitted, as i'm sure it says in the manual that you shouldnt twist them in when fitting.

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Damn!! you got me there BC:dogpile:

When i fitted mine i had to make a little tool up to press them in, they were as tight as a nuns know what! So couldn't be pushed in by hand. Ok so it was a gtst but surely the same method applies to the rb26?

I also lubricated the rings, so they popped in with a nice snug fit (There you go BC:rofl: )

·
Registered
684 Posts
Tried the same thing on the wife's GTR, all stopped leaking except one. Let me know if you find an answer Scottishgirl. It bugs the sh1t out of me. You dont think that it is a girl + skyline thing is it? ............ waiting for a nasty reply. LOL. Sorry.

·
1st RB20DET S13 in UK
389 Posts
Ive replaced all my injectors on my RB20DET last week, and no troubles really, although i still re-used the original 0-rings too.:)

I just make sure that before and after i remove the injectors, that i hoover around them 1st, then again when theyre out, and when installing the new 1's, I get some clean engine oil and put a light coating of oil around the injector seals... then they push in quite easily.:)

Ive changed quite a few before now, on my nissans, and have only had 1 leak after fitting, and that was because of a small pinch on 1 of the o-rings at the fuel rail end.:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
There definitely should not be a problem with new nissan seals, most times used ones are fine. What happened when they first leaked, had they been removed?

·
R32 GTR
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well guys, took the car along to checkpoint garage in Arbroath today and they FIXED IT!

Yes they had been removed previously by 3 different garages who tried to fix them unsucessfully and in the doing so looks as if they have contributed to making them worse!

There were a number of things that checkpoint showed me, the injectors themselves were split, the rail was possibly bent and/or damaged and one injector looked as if a dog had chewed it !!!!

ALL FIXED NOW THOUGH and I know which 3 garages I won't be going back to and which one I will!

TOP SERVICE CHECKPOINT, THANK YOU! :)

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
nice one lauren good to see the beast primed and ready to go again lol

·
R32 GTR
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:eek:

BigC you always have to lower the tone! Thats it........ I'm phoning House of Kolor to get some pink paint sent to the bodyshop for your car.:gay:

Yeh guys I can't believe 3 other garages missed it and checkpoint spotted it straight away!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts