Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
erm,when will I be cool?
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Originally put up by Big-G with Tesco Trucker, but it was in someone else's thread, so this is to make something perfectly clear - and it's sooo easy if a complete doofus like me can do it. :)

I have just put these LED light bulbs in the back of my R33 GTS-T - it took around six minutes, and most of that was battling to figure out how to unclip the boot panels without breaking anything and putting it all back again so it's neat. The clips which look like a crosshead screw undo half a turn like a screw and just come out with some mild encouragement.

These LED bulbs, like Tesco said, are then simple straight swaps and look great.

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=44_62&products_id=1134&osCsid=3526ebe87b6e7b9b69117799522eb789

They come in pairs, so you need to order two

Order total: 38.98 GBP

May not the cheapest bulbs in the world, but at least I now have afterburners, as Mr Truck likes to call them. So thanks Mr T - good job, simple and effective. Just as we newbies like it.

Just the fronts to go now, and they appear really expensive compared to this simple mod.

:cheers:

·
erm,when will I be cool?
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes - mine before were pretty dim so this has made a nice difference. As an example, the rear lights barely made an impact on the rear wall of the garage - now seems more light on the brickwork.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
colinspooky said:
yes - mine before were pretty dim so this has made a nice difference. As an example, the rear lights barely made an impact on the rear wall of the garage - now seems more light on the brickwork.
On dark roads, i keep thinking my fog light's on:confused: The lights are not overly(?) bright,just brighter than normal:)

·
erm,when will I be cool?
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mr Freaky and Hi --- any chance of letting me know (and everyone else) EXACTLY the bulbs you are using in the front.

Headlights and main beam are separate of course. And let's not stop there - what about sidelights, plus of course front and side indicators.

And did you do anything other than a straight swap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts