Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

well I was leafing through the old Demon Tweeks catalogue this evening whilst sat on the porcelain throne (as you do). I came to a page with LED sidelights on and thought "hmmm, interesting, wonder what type of bulb the skyline takes....". After a quick game of 5-a-side I came home and decided to have a look.

As it happens, they were the same shape/size as the ones I'd replaced in my dash when I did a blue LED swap. I've since removed these since I fitted my white indiglo dials, so I thought I'd try them out in the sidelights. Someone probably did this already, but here's how it looks...

It's tricky to photograph a lighting effect, but you get the idea. What do you think? Not sure if they'll be happy at MOT time and, especially being blue lights in a white car, may attract unwanted attention from the law, but I'll leave 'em for a while and see what happens.... and yes I still need to spray my front bumper, 6months on :rolleyes:

ps if anyone fancies trying this don't forget that LEDs are polarity sensitive so if they don't work first time, switch em 180degs and try again.

cheers

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep, failed MOT, can't be assed to swap em back now it's MOTd so scratch that one lol

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
how did you get the side lights out? i've been trying for ages and can't work it out!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you just turn the bulb holder anti clockwise about a quarter of a turn and they pop out :)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
cheers, will give it another go tomorrow!:D

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nope, have to be the same colour as your headlights (so white or yellow for those euro types). also the guy told me the police are pretty stressy about people putting blue lights on their cars. reminds me of one of the mechanics at my local honda garage who fitted blue neons to his white CRX and fully got ***** slapped in court for "impersonating a police vehicle". seriously :eek7: :uhoh:

·
SuprSkyline
62 Posts
It looks cool though!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It looks cool though!
hah, well if your location is SoCal you can probably get away with it. I hear you guys can run slicks over there with no grief from the feds :ylsuper: haha

·
Registered
366 Posts
i think the thing with the slicks over there is cause it pretty much a giver that the sun will be shining :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would have gone with the cool white LED, they will also look closer to your headlights. I have a set of 9LED blacklights in mine right now for fun, but am going to change them out to put the white ones, have 2 in each headlight (1 park light the other is turn signal/ park)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts