Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I like to go fast :)
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting my bumper taken off, fixed and re-sprayed this week.
I have seen people with LED driving lights in their front bumpers. a bit like an audi sort of look without looking to chav (imo).

i have a couple of bits in my bumper that i think they would look good in.

I want to know what are the best sort of LEDs to use, what sizes ( i want them quite large) and bright enough to be seen by day / make a bit of light on the road by night.

I figured i could buy the bulbs, drill holes and then pish them through securing silicone? is tha the right approach?

also what is involved with wiring them?

obviously they would have to bew an 'off road only' accessory so would be wited to a toggle switch on the dash. :)

anyone who has done this successfully please give me a shout as i cant be arsed experimenting and it going wrong as i would have to have the whole bumper off again to change them and its my daily drive at the moment so cant really afford to waste time!

Cheers.

(someone in a white 34 has them who goes to the Cock Inn meet, Hope you are there on Sunday so i can have a butchers!)

This rubbish photoshop shows where i want them - i was thinking 7 - 8 in each side....

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts

·
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
White/carbon r34
1,051 Posts
im sure u cant just wire leds in and have them work, u need some sort of voltage reduction circuit. cant think off the top of my head but someone please fill this in for me and nudge my brain. fitting leds is a bit tricker than u think, i looked into makin an led brake light for my motorcycle but found a few problems with voltages and amps.

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
Those ebay linked ones have resistors built-in so no worries about connecting to 12V.

Anything which looks like audi leds should be kept on audis, imho. Posts pics up when you've done it though, be interesting to see what it looks like.

·
www.spmcarclub.com
1,380 Posts
I think when he mentions voltage resistence hes talking about the symptom were if you fit the wrong size bulb or a bulb blows your indicators will flash faster

·
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes, bit worried about it looking GAY:gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay:

If only i could fit them, see what they look like then take my bumper into body shop and ahve them covered and re-sprayed.....

·
seasoned member
1,811 Posts
yes, bit worried about it looking GAY:gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay:

If only i could fit them, see what they look like then take my bumper into body shop and ahve them covered and re-sprayed.....
Give a try bud, and post some piccies after ;)

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
I did this a couple of years ago on my old 33 to make indicators, I did it from scratch and this is how I did it.........

I tidied them up after that and fitted them.....

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
The video has corrupted the sound somehow, but the LED's are in the bottom vents on the front bumper.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts