Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys am thinking about getting the 450bhp upgrade from bells autos soon and conceptua tuning recommended an uprated clutch and flywheel is the flywheel worth doing and does it improve performance cheers

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I'd have a drive in a car with a lightened flywheel and see what you think of it before shelling out for one.

I personally hate the way they drive, awkward to get moving off from stop and on a hill they're a pain in the arse and takes high revs to get moving.

At 450 bhp if it's a predominantly road car I would definitely not consider a lightened flywheel at all. The loss of driveability for slight increase in acceleration just isn't worth it. The Skyline is a heavy car so you're not going to notice the acceleration increases as much as you would in a lighter car. The money the flywheel would cost would be better spent on some decent tyres in my opinion

Out and out race car being built to shave every millisecond off a lap time..... That would be a different story

·
Registered
291 Posts
Completely agree with sparkso,I drive a 450bhp r34 gtt,I have a really light flywheel with an exedy 3 puk clutch and it's a complete nob round town,pulling off from lights makes you look like a rubbish learner driver,all revs and jerky takeoff or you fly off the line like a drag race,the only reason I have this flywheel is I got a great deal on it with the clutch and I had sold the original flywheel so I only had to pay for a skim on the flywheel,when you get going its fine and it does rev much quicker at a standstill but unsure about performance gains

1 - 5 of 5 Posts