1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rite, car failed the mot today

no rear fog, as it was removed as they look crap

and drivers headlight pattern

firstly, can i wire up the inner brake lights as a fog?

secondly, the pattern, what would cause that a problem

it looks like a blob on the wall rather than a nice pattern like the passenger side, and well, the headlamp seems a bit misted up with the hid bulbs, so dont know if this is causing an issue

or maybe the bulb aint fitting right

im gonna have a look at it tomorow, but i would like to know a few suggestions and if anyone else has had a problem to let me know how they fixed it
thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
Lights

Hi m8, I had both the same probs here with lights etc. I took my rear foglight off as it looked naff and wired up another fog light into the rear light lense as you want to do. On taking it to the test centre they said it had to be a separate light. So i then had to put the original light back on, passed the test then remove it again, lol. Regarding the front beams etc, i just replaced both the bulbs and bingo the pattern was correct. Maybe they were just not seated correctly, not to sure. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My first skyline had this problem aswell, being plastic lenses they tend to fade in the sun. You can try polishing them back using metal polish or even toothpaste!! May sound daft but it saved me having to buy a new light!! With regards to the fog, just put it back on and then ditch it afterwards! Leave your wires taped up for next time round. Cant help with fuses though as dont have one anymore, would probably be easier to just check them all! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts