Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Skyline Smiler :D
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all
well im currently stuck away in a crap part of afghanistan working, but when i get back on leave (january) or back for good (march) i will be buying an r34 GTT. idealy after:
R34 GTT
manual
in yellow white or blue
and as new as possible
mods either standard as poosible or at most FMIC and air intake.
or modded to a full stage ie no "just needs this n this to be complete"

been checking about last few months to get a rough idea of prices etc and find some deccent looking import companies and sites. genral idea i got is im looking at 10k ish for a fairly standard GTT or 12-13k for a modded one. am i right there?

found a couple of site but one that stuck out is autoadvan.co.uk
on here there are in stock cars like a 45,000mile 2001 GTT with a few mods for about £9k and they rekon this is the final price including everything bar an MOT, seems cheap to me any one any dealing with them?

well any help would be great seen a few good cars on here to and i dealy would prefer to buy off a nice owner who has the car there and allready UK legal etc

any feedback would be great cheers

ug

suppose its back out to the stinky desert for a bit a? joy

·
BigBoy
216 Posts
Have mine ! its for sale :) its just what your after too ! (well, its silver..)
My preference when i got mine was, to know everything about it before it come to the UK, and see all the proof, so i have, the japanese owner details, where it was P/X'd to who in Japan, the grade it went through the auction (4.5), the cost of it back then, the service history in japan, manual, etc.....
Then of course, the UK details :)
But thats me, some peeps will just buy and hope for the best ! :)
and autoadvan, well...... Would u hand £10k to them ? I know i would'nt!

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Sounds a gooden Stu......
But before you go giving your dough away... Have a look at our Importers Japcars4u...
They can source some great looking cars at great prices... :D

·
Skyline Smiler :D
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey cheers
wll ive read up a bit about them (autoadvan) and only really found good things and the bad things ive found have been small and sorted very quickly.
yea next place to look is them, as i said ive a few months looking before im even anywhere near back in the uk. hows best to get a hold of japcars4u?
cheers

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Good choice. You'll love it! Mine's totally standard bar the tein suspension and nismo body kit. Take a look at the link in my signature for pics.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey great choice i not long got my yellow GTT (sorry not for sale just yet mate) and love it to bits greatest thing i brought for years lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
on here there are in stock cars like a 45,000mile 2001 GTT with a few mods for about £9k and they rekon this is the final price including everything bar an MOT

Dont forget you will also need to have an SVA test, this will require a model report and the car will have to be as the model report states. This means all mods have to be removed and the car put back to stock. MOT, undersealing, ECU remap, registration & plates will also be needed.
I reckon you need to allow about another £ 2000.00 to make it road legal.
Looked into importing my own car, but after checking it out it was'nt as easy or as cheap as it first appears.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Good choice ;) Theres a few great examples for sale at the moment here on the forum in your price range, have a scout through the Cars For Sale section. Good luck with your search :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts