Skyline Owners Forum banner

Little build 93 r32 GTS-T

89K views 164 replies 14 participants last post by  Urabus99 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, I have asked alot of questions on this forum in a little time.. so I live here in NJ and I got a 93 GTS-T. Bored with what's going on in the world so decided to write this . I got my car in june last year , biggest pain was getting car insurance for it . And it came no wing and the rust in the quarter panel.

First thing done was air filter . That part was easy

After that came the cat back exhaust

In the middle of all that the car started to sputter at full throttle so that was time spent figuring that out. Asked on here and got a number of info on what it would be . Ended up. Being the coils . Changed those problem went away .

The car also came with winter wheels and bold tires . Decided it was cheaper just to get rims with tires. Old wheel . Can see the quarter panel rust

Was able to find wheels I like and was lucky they had nismo center caps. New wheels

Then came the rest of the exhaust. Turbo elbow, downpipe and test pipe

But with the test pipe we cut the overheating cat sensor but no lights have come on. I have a question about the dashboard lights but no one here has said anything. Idk what the two light that aren't lighting up are

Now the final part was the intercooler kit just finished yesterday

Had to cut the bumper and the core is off center which is bugging me a little but its together . Next week the heat wrap comes and we'll be wrapping all the pipes .

I have read somewhere that disconnecting the battery positive side and hold the brake resets the ecu but next will be a simple tune . If anyone has little info about what kinda of tune to get done. One shop I've find in NJ works on this car but mainly big build and gtr's so anything will help. Thank you

See less See more
#5 ·
FYI, the gauges look like Defi Racer type independent stepping motors, possibly re-branded. I would look for the corresponding sensors in the engine bay. If those are oil pressure and temperature, more than likely it had a sandwich plate on the oil filter. If it's not there now, it's probably been removed. For the boost, there could be a pressure sensor plumbed into the plenum somewhere.

#21 ·
Wideband AFR and gauge is very useful addition, and if you're tuning, essential. I would spend some time getting your cockpit wiring sorted out. Splice in some quality connectors for +12v, ignition, ground etc. so you can just plug in essential electronics. I loads of connections - gauges, boost control, ECU etc.

Also, you should ask the mods to move this to "Projects and Restorations" section so it gets proper recognition ;) (its basically a build thread)

#22 ·
I used the Panasonic ETC on-board equipment for power and ground on the wideband and removed the radio that was in the car and the wires behind it is was nightmare are made of .. the tuning companies out here say I dont need a tune with those mods I have done right now ..
On top of it my fuel tank leaks when full . Another side track job

#31 ·
View attachment 126196 View attachment 126197

Not much to go on. To bad it wasnt as simple as no sunroof cause my car doesn't have one
There is only a little information available, 99% of it in Japanese. Unfortunately the entire build list is as follows

GTR Hood (often put on aftermarket)
GTR Grille (also aftermarket addition)
GTR rear wing (yep, aftermarket)
Type MR Sticker (often peeled off)
"SKYLINE" impression in bumper filles by red stickers (also peeled off and was an OE option for all Skyline Coupes)

So the lack of a special VIN or special build plate makes these cars enormously hard to track down, if at all.

Ive seen a single example with the Type MR badge come through the US and it was SO modified it was nearly impossible to tell what it had been in a previous life
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting

Legit Type MR badge from Japan.