Skyline Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Wideband AFR and gauge is very useful addition, and if you're tuning, essential. I would spend some time getting your cockpit wiring sorted out. Splice in some quality connectors for +12v, ignition, ground etc. so you can just plug in essential electronics. I loads of connections - gauges, boost control, ECU etc.

Also, you should ask the mods to move this to "Projects and Restorations" section so it gets proper recognition ;) (its basically a build thread)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I used the Panasonic ETC on-board equipment for power and ground on the wideband and removed the radio that was in the car and the wires behind it is was nightmare are made of .. the tuning companies out here say I dont need a tune with those mods I have done right now ..
On top of it my fuel tank leaks when full . Another side track job

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Boost gauge in reading .9 bars .. took radio out .. didn't work here in the u.s

·
Registered
22 Posts
It had the Nissan and gtr badges on the trunk lid .. is that what you are asking ?
Well in 1993 there was an extremely rare regional variant of the GTSt made from Nissan Prince Kanagawa and Nissan Prince Saitama called the GTSt Type MR, which had a GTR Hood and Grille, and GTR rear wing, along with a unique badge with a red R badge over "Type M" in white.

I noticed your car has the GTR Grille and Hood so i was wondering if maybe yours is one of those rare cars. As far as i can tell they only made 200 from each dealership

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well in 1993 there was an extremely rare regional variant of the GTSt made from Nissan Prince Kanagawa and Nissan Prince Saitama called the GTSt Type MR, which had a GTR Hood and Grille, and GTR rear wing, along with a unique badge with a red R badge over "Type M" in white.

I noticed your car has the GTR Grille and Hood so i was wondering if maybe yours is one of those rare cars. As far as i can tell they only made 200 from each dealership
Would there be anything else to look for ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Would there be anything else to look for ?
Unfortunately not. They didnt do a special build plate or anything else. A bit of a possible tip off is the GTR hood and Grille but oem GTS bumper, although having been almost 30 years since the cars debuted who know what previous owners have removed or added since.

Part of the issue is using GTR hoods and grilles and bumpers is super common practice in Japan so the likely hood of one surviving untouched its pretty slim. A lot of people in Japan dont even know the Type MR existed so.

This brochure is from Nissan Prince Saitama for the Type MR.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Unfortunately not. They didnt do a special build plate or anything else. A bit of a possible tip off is the GTR hood and Grille but oem GTS bumper, although having been almost 30 years since the cars debuted who know what previous owners have removed or added since.

Part of the issue is using GTR hoods and grilles and bumpers is super common practice in Japan so the likely hood of one surviving untouched its pretty slim. A lot of people in Japan dont even know the Type MR existed so.

This brochure is from Nissan Prince Saitama for the Type MR.
Correct. It has the gt badge on the driverside and a nismo badge on the passenger side so don't really know what the previous owner has done . If anything

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

Not much to go on. To bad it wasnt as simple as no sunroof cause my car doesn't have one

·
Registered
22 Posts
View attachment 126196 View attachment 126197

Not much to go on. To bad it wasnt as simple as no sunroof cause my car doesn't have one
There is only a little information available, 99% of it in Japanese. Unfortunately the entire build list is as follows

GTR Hood (often put on aftermarket)
GTR Grille (also aftermarket addition)
GTR rear wing (yep, aftermarket)
Type MR Sticker (often peeled off)
"SKYLINE" impression in bumper filles by red stickers (also peeled off and was an OE option for all Skyline Coupes)

So the lack of a special VIN or special build plate makes these cars enormously hard to track down, if at all.

Ive seen a single example with the Type MR badge come through the US and it was SO modified it was nearly impossible to tell what it had been in a previous life
p3 (1).jpg
Legit Type MR badge from Japan.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Next part after my carbon fiber trunk comes in .. bumper , fender. Then a nice paint job .

·
Seasoned Member
9,057 Posts
Sweet build, going to keep an eye on this one.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts