Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I know we have been here before so im sorry !! ..

I've just tried to insure the car with Liverpool Victoria and they are saying that they do not have GTST's on their books .. GTS non turbos yes .. but GTST's no. I spoke to a manager who confirmed this, he then rang their underwriters who also confirmed that LV were not allowed to quote on GTST's ....

they quoted me a couple of months ago but that was apparently on a english car ! ? though they didn't tell me this at the time .. i did mention that as far as i knew the GTST was never officially sold in this country but they think different ? ..

Has anyone got a 96 GTST insured with LV ? .. or any GTST for that matter ??

confused, pi$$ed off and looking for help :D

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
I managed to get a GTT through a few months back and had trouble initially with them finding the car too.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
The same week Nick (above) got his GTT insured with them, I phoned and they couldn't find the GTT Auto on their list, so it was a no-go for me.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its madness !!!

they are the daftest company i've ever dealt with !! .. one minute the car exists the next it doesn't !!!! ..

still basildon insurance came back with a excellent quote of £1050 .. also have The insurance factory on the case who are "determind to beat that price"

Who did you go with Grinder ?

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
There are quite a few on here insured through L&V mate. So there must be a way around this.

Is it worth asking them to check a few of their policies if you can find a few chappies on here insured with them?

Tried Keith Michaels? Beat any quote I got by about £500 (25% at the time). Have not got a number to hand but they are on a london number 020 8 something. Think Robo Pope also insures through them.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The insurance centre .. £822 !! .. £250 excess .. cat 1 required and thats it .. !!!

Not bad methinks :)

Im going to ring LV again when i have a quiet moment so i can shout at them :mad:

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Buy a GTR.. problem solved... lol

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
AppleJack said:
That is until you tell them it's got about 500bhp. It was all going well between me and LV until I told them that. Kind of shat themselves afterwards and said "sorry, can't insure it with that sort of power output".
Quote was very good up to that point though!

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
AppleJack said:
Who are you through and do you declare all mods?
With an impending change coming, I guess I need to cap my aspirations to 500bhp or less if I want to coninue with Liverpool Vic then?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Steve Brooks said:
Who did you go with Grinder ?
I went to Direct Line my existing insurer (for about 6 months) so I only had to pay for the rest of the year in one hit.

They quoted an annual premium of £790 (age 36, full no claims, mileage limited to 10000, wife as additional driver). BUT they did require CAT 1 & tracker.

I am expecting it to go up so I'm making a note of all these companies I haven't heard of (basildon insurance, insurance centre, DNA).

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Nick MW said:
Who are you through and do you declare all mods?
With an impending change coming, I guess I need to cap my aspirations to 500bhp or less if I want to coninue with Liverpool Vic then?
They'll probably have a change of heart when you call Nick :rolleyes:

Spoke to a couple of line managers and they both said they couldn't cover that kind of power output.....but who knows, you may have more luck. I did declare all mods and at first they were OK, but as soon as I mentioned the power they wobbled somewhat.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
there really is no continuity with LV ..back when they quoted me the first time (when the car did exist :)) they said I could mod the engine to whatever power i wished and the quote would stay the same. If however i was to put a bodykit on the car then the premium would go up ! ?

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
I think there is a pattern forming here - just carry on calling in until you get a manager that you like the answer from - document and go with it!

I have never known a company like them - they were like this over the chassis number insurance as well.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
:doh: Beat me to it Mr Brooks!

They actually told me that my bodykit and wheels did not affect the premium at all!

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Nick MW said:
[BThey actually told me that my bodykit and wheels did not affect the premium at all! [/B]
Likewise.....they told me I could mod the car in anyway I liked as long as it didn't increase the power output from the engine. :rolleyes: :(
Maybe I'll have more patience next time but I got tired of talking to them after the fourth phone call.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts