Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a week into Skyline ownership and here are my thoughts... It's a bit thirsty, but I don't usually do that many miles although this week and next week are exceptions. A 3 hour drive in the rain monday morning, a 3 1/2 hour drive yesterday, nearly 250 miles. The hicas doesnt like the firm suspension on anything less than a perfect surface, concrete sections of road make it twitch like a parrots eye with mud in it. Its incredibly bumpy, tein coilovers I guess but by jingo don't it ever go round corners at speed, flat, no roll, no dramas it goes where its pointed. Loads of road noise, the climate control wasn't working, either roasting or freezing. So do I like it? Damn right! I can tolerate the hard ride, the way it drinks like an alky on white lightning, the noise and even the cc had I not been able to fix it. The hicas will be unplugged for long runs cuz its too damn twitchy. Insurance is very reasonable too. I wish I had bought one sooner. I love it!

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm 2 months into mine now and the fuel consumption is brilliant compared to my old Scooby an MR2 Turbo!!!
Only thing that gets me is continuously looking back at it when i park it anywhere lol.

Glad you're enjoying it mate :)

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Our HICAS is superb, so I guess it could be down to your suspension but wouldn't really know.

We live in the sticks and frequently push the motor to extremes on the small country roads, which have more bends than straights. The HICAS really comes into it's own in these conditions, as most driving is done between 40 and 70, I've spent 3 years trying to lose the back end on these roads without success. On the downside is the fact I don't know where the natural unnassisted limit is, but on the upside I get to cover the 15 miles into town in unbelievable times thanks to the HICAS!

Aitch

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
Our HICAS is superb, so I guess it could be down to your suspension but wouldn't really know.

We live in the sticks and frequently push the motor to extremes on the small country roads, which have more bends than straights. The HICAS really comes into it's own in these conditions, as most driving is done between 40 and 70, I've spent 3 years trying to lose the back end on these roads without success. On the downside is the fact I don't know where the natural unnassisted limit is, but on the upside I get to cover the 15 miles into town in unbelievable times thanks to the HICAS!

Aitch
Agreed! mine works like a charm, feels like your drifting but not! wouldent want to disable it thats for sure!

Cheers
Dazzler

·
Registered
365 Posts
Consumption is always a relative thing, it depends on what your comparing it too and you need to use a new chart, MPG out Smiles per mile in. :smoker:

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Yaaaar they say she's a thirsty old sea dog with a liking for the drink and the power of a thousand whales! yaaarr.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts