Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Long time lurker only recently started posting, I've yet to get a skyline due to reasons over in the Insurance Deals section, but am in the market for a R33 GTST spec 2.

I spent nearly 4 years of my life over in the states where i was the proud owner of a Mitsubishi Diamante LS, the forum has since gone down for it due to excessive hosting costs and a dwindling interest in the cars since they ceased production but I still have my ancient Car Domain profile where you can see what i done to the thing HERE

If i can find some 'reasonable' insurance after a license suspension i'm hoping to just have a clean looking car with basic mods to both performance and style for occasional track days and highway cruising and once i've got enough no claims bonuses and the missus gets her license we'll probably get another daily driver and i'll start to do some heavy mods and aim for around 400-450hp for the track.

Sure it all sounds like bench racing for now but i was about $500 away from having the only twin turbo diamante in existance before my visa expired and i had to leave the states. it's still sat in my mate's back yard with the snails, intercoolers, all the piping, injectors, fuel pump, the lot... urgh, i miss that car.

Anyways, glad to be a part of this place and hopefully you'll start seeing more of me once i figure out a few more details on getting my own R33.

Cheers,

Darren

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehe, like i said, long time lurker, i was AWOL for the better part of 24 months here due to not having a license so no need to hurt myself any further and dream about something i couldnt own for all that time.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Outlined in the insurance section, spent all that time in the states, had been back a matter of weeks and STUPIDLY got in a mates car after a couple drinks. Got pulled up on the wrong side of the road at 5am, no insurance and a gnats nuts over the limit.

A 5 minute mistake and will pay for it for another 8 and half years.

·
Seasoned Member
3,004 Posts
Outlined in the insurance section, spent all that time in the states, had been back a matter of weeks and STUPIDLY got in a mates car after a couple drinks. Got pulled up on the wrong side of the road at 5am, no insurance and a gnats nuts over the limit.

A 5 minute mistake and will pay for it for another 8 and half years.
oh well we all do stupid things from time to time.

Hope to see you around more on the forum this time. Good choice on the r33gtst spec2. Keep an eye on the "for sale" section.

·
****** FOR A YEAR
1,073 Posts
Ah right. No sympathy. Shouldnt have done it. End of.

anyway.

hope you get the car you are after.......good luck

Amos

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah right. No sympathy. Shouldnt have done it. End of.

anyway.

hope you get the car you are after.......good luck

Amos
Completely understand and agree, i said the same thing when in court over it, they asked "do you have anything to say for yourself" to which i replied "no, i realise i done wrong, realise someone could of got hurt and rest assured that it wont happen again your honour".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts