Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
You have a skyline!?!
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from Indiana but I'm in the military and stationed in Germany, that's how I got this car. Picked her up for only $1,000. That's right $1,000. New here and just wanted to say hi and see where you guys are all from.

Attachments

·
You have a skyline!?!
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes! It was lost in a junk yard. Just needed new battery, belts, new window motors, and rotors. Got it all fixed besides the rotors. It set a year with no one knowing it was there. But I saved her. The driver side front brakes are petty bad and it making a loud screeching noise. Maybe just new rotors and pads??

·
Registered
147 Posts
Check what state the pads and disks are in, if they're in really bad state replace them.
If there just a bit rusted from sitting still then give them a good cleanup, flush the brake lines with new brake fluid and see how it goes.

·
You have a skyline!?!
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put it up on the lift at work and the inside of the rotor looks like it had barley been touched. Like the pad isn't touching it. And if I get on the brakes hard it pulls to the other side.

·
Super Maude
156 Posts
Runs like sod if you vent to atmosphere without having a remap (think you need a standalone or piggyback to do them) so best to do a recirc. If you do get it fitted for a bov then get and RFL BOV. They're deadly on skylines. I have two :)

·
You have a skyline!?!
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Runs like sod if you vent to atmosphere without having a remap (think you need a standalone or piggyback to do them) so best to do a recirc. If you do get it fitted for a bov then get and RFL BOV. They're deadly on skylines. I have two :)
I have this but haven't put it on yet. What all will happen if I vent to atmosphere? Just some backfiring and running rich? I have a Mitsubishi Eclipse gsx and I vent to atmosphere on it. Has some problems but not to bad. Just runs real rich.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
I mean can it be seized open or just one side of it. The wheel spins freely so I know it's not seized shut, and the noise only last for about the first 2 times using it, after that no noise.
Yeah it can be stuck open and also on just 1 side.
You should be able to get caliper rebuild kits.
Or get a decent set of used calipers from someone who did a swap to bigger brakes.

Regarding the BOV, some run fine venting to atmosphere others run like crap or stall now and then.

Mine runs fine on a Blitz BOV venting to atmosphere, doesn't run rich and doesn't backfire and as far as I know my ecu is not reflashed.

However another one with a HKS SSQV fitted does occasionally stall when coming to a stop at traffic lights.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

·
You have a skyline!?!
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When you come back to the U.S are you bringing back with you? How does that work if you do?
I plan to bring it back with me any way I can. Really haven't looked into to much but I've heard that I might have to pull the motor and **** them separate. Or as a show/race car. But I'm going to do what ever it takes to bring it back with me.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts