Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have been looking around recently for a new car and have decided a 350GT looks like the choice for me, now comes the trickier part of actually finding one...

Could you guys offer me some advice of what is a reasonable price in the UK market? It looks like I'm going to be very lucky If I wanted a manual.

I have found this one for sale:

NISSAN SKYLINE 350GT INFINITI G35 350Z | eBay

It looks great, but is the price high? Also it has all the American Infiniti badges, would this suggest a repair at some point?

Any advice would be taken gladly or if you know of one for sale in the UK...

Thanks

Will

·
Registered
449 Posts
That price is about right for an auto with tht kind of mileage, i paid just over 8000 for my first manual a year nd half ago with 37000 on the clock. My second one i had to import from japan because i couldnt find another manual worth buying in the uk but a good one does come up every now and again so if your set on having a manual either be patient or import. Or if your ok with an auto then just barter a bit with the guy selling that one on ebay, try get it for 6000. Any more info just pm me

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks for the responses, its good to know its not too far away from a reasonable price. I'm still slightly concerned about the American branding, could that just be caused by a previous owners preference? Or where they ever sold as infiniti in Japan?

finno85 - Thank you, I have noticed yours on eBay recently it looks very nicely done but I'm looking for something a bit more standard looking at the moment.

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Infiniti where imported to Japan, however its unlikely to be one as it would be LHD, I would guess its either accident damage or preference, but unless its recorded you will never know.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Don't worry about the Infiniti badges as if the car is RHD, the previous owner probably just changed the badges out. I have a LHD Infiniti G35 and bought mine new for $40K in the US back in 2004, so the prices these days are so much cheaper for how much car you actually get compare to what I paid.

In the American market and ever since the fast and furious scene, people have had an infatuation with the Skyline since its very rare and hard to get in the US. It doesn't seem to matter what model the Skyline is either. In the US, its unique and very rare. Once some G35 owners found out that G35 was a Skyline 350GT in Japan, you would see a lot of G35's with Skyline badges just so they could say they had a Skyline. From what I understand, the same thing happened in Japan, but the other way around with Infiniti badges. I would guess the car show in the ad is a Japanese import but rebadges with Infiniti badge. Not a bad think in my opinion, but I'm a bit biased :)

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I was just getting fed up of washing the car more than I was driving it to be honest,
I'd be lucky if I got to drive it for an hour or two a week......

·
Registered
134 Posts
Oh ok...I understand now. It's unfortunate that you couldn't drive the car much. Hopefully, the new owner will appreciate the care you've put into you 350Gt. Don't be a stranger if you happen to attend a show sometime in the future.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes I am now the proud owner of Whitevanman69's 350GT, I have been to busy enjoying the car to post here, but I'm looking to be here for some time!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Infiniti is built in Japan and are sold under the luxury Infiniti badge nothing to do with accidents the G35 Infiniti has the same powertrain as the NISSAN skyline 350gt basically the same car Japan exports infinities to the US I'm sure there would be some RHD examples available

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
Infiniti is built in Japan and are sold under the luxury Infiniti badge nothing to do with accidents the G35 Infiniti has the same powertrain as the NISSAN skyline 350gt basically the same car Japan exports infinities to the US I'm sure there would be some RHD examples available

Incorrect, Infiniti are actually manufactured in the USA, and not exported from Japan, ALL Skyline 350GTS are built in Japan.

And can i bring your attention to forum rule number 9. Do Not Bump Old Posts.Skyline Owners Forum - Forum Rules

·
Registered
12 Posts
I haven't read the rules I though it would be fun to join this forum stop pointing out rules to me in fact don't engage me I won't engage you

1 - 20 of 25 Posts