Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I'm new here, and I'm currently looking at a few skylines I might buy. I've seen some GTS-Ts and GTS-4s around, and I want to gather a little information first. :bounce: My other vehicle is a 1995 4Runner. When I first bought it, I thought it was great. But then I started looking at repairs, and simple mods I wanted to do to have some more fun. It turned out simple things such as fender flares and small lifts were 1000% higher in price than any other model year, or even similar vehicles. It's ended up being plagued by poor design flaws, insanely expensive repairs, and no fun whatsoever to modify. Basically, I just want to make sure I don't do this again. What should I look out for on a GTS-T? So far in my research, aftermarket parts aren't that crazy expensive. But is there any weird problems that would make my life miserable? For example, I almost bought one of those 1980's Porsches, but it turns out the timing belt has to be replaced basically every 20k miles, for like $7000. I don't want anything like that here. I'm looking for something fun, reasonably reliable, turns heads, and ends up being something I could work on myself and not be covered in blood and tears by the end of it. I've done quite a bit a research already, but I just want to hear somethings from you guys! Thanks! :grinno:

TL;DR --> Common problems/road blocks associated with a late 80's/early 90s Skyline?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts