Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i am looking at this gtst which is for sale at a decent price. comes with decent mods like suspension and wheels, exhaust etc. it has the LSD thing. can anyone give advice on it?
my current 96 gtst dont have it, so what difference does it make to the handling when compared to the gtst's that dont have it, any problems it may cause in the future, was it an option from the factory or is it a nismo item? also there seems to be some extra pipes near the diff which my current gtst dont have.
thanks fellas.

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
It's a gtr v spec rear diff fitted as an option at factory and as long as everything works it acts as an open diff when driving but locks when slip is detected

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
quite an uncommon optional extra and is cool as hell.. although might be pricey if it goes wrong :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
a mate had this fitted into his gtst it was the worst diff i have ever had the pleasure of stripping down to shim it up it was that good the guts now holds my shed door open

·
Registered
535 Posts
It worked alright on my 600bhp r33 gtr. Although when doing donuts it sometimes had trouble keeping both wheels spinning.
But it always locked on launches anyway. Be sure to change the oil and bleed it correctly. Makes quite a bit of difference.

Next year i'll be having my ecu lock the diff when i have more than 50% throttle and speed is below 150km/h so that when the power hits the diff is already fully engaged 'cause it can be a bit slow when using **** loads of power ;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
It worked alright on my 600bhp r33 gtr. Although when doing donuts it sometimes had trouble keeping both wheels spinning.

that was the reason he binned it i kept the guts of it as i had fitted extra friction plates to help it lock he skiped the diff casing and pump setup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts