Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Photographer
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A friend of mine bought a 1995 Skyline GT-S about a month ago. Well she has decided to turn around and sell it, so I'm in the process of buying it. Its a 5spd RHD. It has a NISMO 2 Way Limited Slip Differential, Front Mount Intercooler, New Stance GR Coilovers, Version Select Aero Kit, 19 inch Axis Wheels, Python Alarm System, Nardi Streeing Wheel, Apexi Strut Bar, Nismo Short Throw Shifter, Nismo Shift Knob, Nismo 2way Diff, HKS Catback Exhaust

Heres a link from where she got it and such. It has lots of pictures on it.
http://www.elitesmotorsports.com/vehicle.php?vin=ECR33030239

There are two problems with it.
First: The fuel gauge doesnt work...at all.
Second: Theres a definite problem with the rear end or something in the rear. She says the previous owner had the NISMO diff installed, BUT it was "supposed"( aka I have no idea) have a strut bar added to it for support. Someone else said it be because the All-wheel steering was removed.
Now I checked around with some guys on another forum and they said there needs to be a "lock-out" bar if the HICAS is removed. How difficult is it for the HICAS to be re-installed back on?

And, how do I go about looking up information on a skyline since they were never brought to the US. I'm attending nashville auto-diesel college and have tried looking up skylines on Alldata and Michel-on-Demand, but had no luck. So where do I go.

Me being in the US, and most of you guys from what I was told, this is a UK based forum, BUT, if theres any guys in the states, do you know of any good skyline shops, especially in the southeast?

Also, I tried looking up just general specs on it, but still, having no real luck. Any suggestions?

Heres two pics I took of it at a show she went to two weeks ago..

OH, I'm in North Alabama by the way..

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
first of all welcome to the club

there is no problem with removeing the hicas AWS and fitting a lockout bar, in fact must say it feels better than the hicas.

i would have all the bushes checked especially the sub frame one as when they are worn the back feels like it's stepping out

the fuel gauge not working is probably the sender unit in the tank

hope this helps and i'm sure there will be many other suggestions posted

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Welcome to the club.

Lots of people dont like the feel the hicas gives with regards to the rear wheels steering, i personally love it and find it out on track to be much better, although if i was to drift then i would remove the hicas.

The lock out bars replace the hicas bars underneath, alla strut brace would do is stiffen it up.

As HKP said the gauge not working is prob just the sender unit.

From your pics yours is a spec 1 GTS but like mine being a 1995 it could have a spec 2 engine, if it has the spark amplifer onto at the back of the cam covers its a spec 1, no amplifier its a spec 2.

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
welcome to the club mate i think your car may be set up for drifting does it feel like it wants to go sideways all the time as thats what they usually use the 2way diffs for hope this helps and all the best with the skyline

·
Photographer
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
welcome to the club mate i think your car may be set up for drifting does it feel like it wants to go sideways all the time as thats what they usually use the 2way diffs for hope this helps and all the best with the skyline
Well I havent driven it yet, I still wont have it for another month. But I think the original owner set-it up for drifting. Although I have a funny feeling that the original owner didnt know anything about drifting, esp if they forgot to add the lock out bar to secure it. I think they set it up for "drift", but in reality its just a "show car".

And about that spark amplifier, what does it look like? Never even heard of one. You talking about a coil pack?

And do people not like the hicas in regards to the rear wheel steering because it makes it harder to whip the tail end out?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts