Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I've been a member for a few months now , put up some ishhy threads about german cars and gtrs v gts :notworthy but my next song and dance is-I cant see the point of spending thousands on looks, if your gonna get challenged by a seat or ford st 220:nono: (someone has, on the club) surely, but surely its speed first and handling (ok if your skys got a knock fix it)
BUT every car lover, loves a skyline,:D looks,:D and they all know they go like stink, so please, oh please dont disapoint by getting blown away in a skyline thats 260 bhp thats cost you 4000 grand on the body etc cus (YOUR GONNA FEEL A KNOB) when that day comes, so in my view spend as much as you can on performance, then looks.Thats my my view:crazy: :crazy:

shed

·
Registered
352 Posts
Every car lover loves the 'nissan skyline GTR' Because the GTR was sold in very very small numbers in UK most car lovers think a skyline is a GTR. Its the GTR Badge that made the name skyline. GTST R33 Type M with the RB25 motor was a tease and the only skyline that came anyway near the performance of the GTR..buy this and you will want/need a GTR, I Get it!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Every car lover loves the 'nissan skyline GTR' Because the GTR was sold in very very small numbers in UK most car lovers think a skyline is a GTR. Its the GTR Badge that made the name skyline. GTST R33 Type M with the RB25 motor was a tease and the only skyline that came anyway near the performance of the GTR..buy this and you will want/need a GTR, I Get it!!

Forget to mention I've owned a rb25det R33 for 2 years its a skyline for sure but its not a GTR....

:apoke:

·
Registered
812 Posts
OK I've been a member for a few months now , put up some ishhy threads about german cars and gtrs v gts :notworthy but my next song and dance is-I cant see the point of spending thousands on looks, if your gonna get challenged by a seat or ford st 220:nono: (someone has, on the club) surely, but surely its speed first and handling (ok if your skys got a knock fix it)
BUT every car lover, loves a skyline,:D looks,:D and they all know they go like stink, so please, oh please dont disapoint by getting blown away in a skyline thats 260 bhp thats cost you 4000 grand on the body etc cus (YOUR GONNA FEEL A KNOB) when that day comes, so in my view spend as much as you can on performance, then looks.Thats my my view:crazy: :crazy:

shed
4000 grand is 4,000,000 and to be honest at the least I'd be mildly surprised if anyone spent that on a bodykit. so what was your original point ya wank.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It's down to everyone’s personal preference. I go for a compromise. Something that looks good and can be driven hard. But not everyone buys a performance car for the performance or even know what that means.

Would be more than slightly pissed if I got beaten by a saxo but I think if we all had butt ugly cars that went fast we’d have less of a following.

Funny thing happened the other day. I also have an RX8 as well my R33 GTR. I was at the lights and some complete chavy knob pulled up in what looked like a non-turbo R33.

He looked at me as he caught my eye he said “Wana race mate?” revving his pile crud. I chuckled and asked if it was even a turbo. To which his equally chavy mate in the passengers seat replied. “don’t laaaf mate, this thing does 0-6 in about 3 seconds”. Then he pulled off at the lights like a 1.1 fiesta.

Moral of the story. We’re not all the same.

·
Registered
577 Posts
This is the end of year one owning my R33 GTS-T, getting it to Stage 1 was my priority. Along with that though I've put new discs on the front, and new pads, next year I'm going to have to deal with the scabby rear arches and hopefully new rims before the offset police haul me in.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Lol...... :screwy:

I started with performance, but now its both at the same time for me......
When finished i will of spent around £5k on bodywork :D

·
Registered
359 Posts
Performance every time, Skylines look amazing anyway so why spend money on trying to improve a masterpiece!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
4000 grand is 4,000,000 and to be honest at the least I'd be mildly surprised if anyone spent that on a bodykit. so what was your original point ya wank.
thank you so much for your points, so sorry about the 4000 grand, 4 grand it is then, you must be very intelligent so I wont bore you with the original point (oh by the way carbon bonnet, carbon boot, carbon spoiler, 19" alloys ,body kit , carbon front splitter and not forgetting labour and a spray job etc etc etc) things must be cheap your end, and thanks for the kind remarks.:muy:
shed
ps I use my right hand:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
upgrading

I started with performance, but now its both at the same time for me......
When finished i will of spent around £5k on bodywork :D[/QUOTE]

Me I've spent roundabouts 7k on the engine, clutch,turbo, tein suspension, wheels etc and I'm going to spend some more on some carbon goodies next, now cars flying.

SHED

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Me I've spent roundabouts 7k on the engine, clutch,turbo, tein suspension, wheels etc and I'm going to spend some more on some carbon goodies next, now cars flying.

SHED
Too be honest, i only need the headgasket and injectors, Then id be going to internals..... So thats part of the reason why im starting to do the looks... Ive also started on interior as i know when its on back the road it will be near enough complete.... :D

If someone wants to do looks before performance, let them... lol... :) It makes no odds to you....

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
At the moment the only thing i have bought for my car looks wise is a nismo gear knob as the standard one was extremely loose and did not fit on the car just kept spinning when you changed gears!

Performance wise, the car was completely standard when i bought it other than some nice Jap wheels, about 3months ago.

I have now fitted:

Japspeed Cat Back Type 1 Exhaust
Apexi Induction Kit (fitting today :D)

The next things to buy for my car will be:

Boost Controller
DeCat
Japspeed all in one Downpipe and Elbow
FMIC

Maybe then i will start looking at bodykits etc. I like the standard bodykit on my car at the moment i think it looks good and i havent seen many about still with the standard kit.

Interior wise i am thinking of painting the whole dash and centre consol surround!

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
I'm lucky; I was born with the looks, and experience has given me great performance - I can go from trousers off to fully asleep in 3.5 seconds, including the ciggy afterwards!

Was this what the thread was about?

(actually, the above is not true, apart from the last bit lol) :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts