Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I need some help with my turbo's, just put new GT2860r on a GTR R33. Problem is, it is i'm loosing oil, and alot of it. Put 5L in this last night, drove about 10 miles and on the way back oil warning light came on and the press was zero. Put another 2L done another 5 miles and that gone, oil warning light again.

It looks like it is coming from the oil return pipe, i have done it up as much as it can go. Also changed the copper washers on the oil feeds, but it still leaks.

The oil is leaking from the front turbo, and when the boost comes in sometimes get white/Blue smoke from the exhaust.

Been trying to get hold of a new shaped hose for the oil drain, but no one stocks anything like it, does anyone have one or knows where i could get one so i could eliminate it from my list possible solutions. Need to get it back on the road before monday.

Also looking for a starter motor, but they are hard to find too.

Cheers

Mark

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
it sounds like yr turbo is knackered mate. try rising sun performance or skylinepart or gdasportcars they are all traders here on the home page, tell them i sent ya and yr get some discount.....keith :D

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Well you deffo dont want to be driving it until its looked at. I know they are a nasty job to change on an rb26. Is it possible to get a mirror into the turbo area and get someone to crank it over while you have a good look to confirm it's leaking from where you say.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just incase anyone was thinking send the turbo to turbotechnics dont!! ill set my skyline on fire and piss on the embers before i give another turbo to them!!
Rising sun re the way fwd, it may just be a goosed bearing

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The turbo's are New, straight out of the box. I fitted them myself with the help of a friend. just wondering if there is something simple i've not done.

Or maybe the hose is knackard, but its hard to get hold of one

·
no fun in straight lines
696 Posts
well lad one bit of advace if ya see the oil pressure heading south again get her turned of before she starts knocking like a 2stroke diesel, i would check around all my oil feeds and returns make sure there not leaking there if that fails get the turbo pipes off and get a peep inside to see m8

·
Registered
154 Posts
was just letting him know that if the turbos needed a recon, that turbotechnics should NOT be involved!

just outa interest, the turbos are leaking from the compressor wheel side? can you see oil if you take the air pipes off? could be a few things, clogged oil lines causing the bearings to go? oil lines not on tight enuff... id be worried about the lack of pressure tho... would mibbe suggest getting the cat towed to a garage befor ethe whole thing goes. Trust me my s13 200 shredded its turbo, then the bottom ends went shortly after the oil pressure!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts