Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a few may know Phones4u are going into administration due to the networks not re-newing there contracts.

EE's is still there til next sept 2015.

Im in customer services so will keep my job for a little while, hopefully.

All 700 stores are closed today and no sales staff either to call to.
The web site is down til administrators are appointed later today.

At 53 yrs old its gonna be a tad tricky to get another job.

ooooooh **ck :eek:

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tough news mate saw it break last night on Sky News. Kicked off by Vodafone the worlds worst network!!!

^^^^
We werent too concerned about voda to be fair but EE we sold approx 80% for them (orange.t-mobile and EE).

I just hope the Recently purchased Gtt doesnt has to be sold.

Ill hang onto it by the skin of my teeth though.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I would have thought there was a good chance that either the networks or other big phone companies will snap the stores up mate so your job may still exist.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

I appreciate that. :dogpile:

·
Old Git Having Fun....
385 Posts
Hi, saw the news today, and as an 'over 50' myself, I can understand your concern. The good news is that our industry (I am in telecoms) is far less ageist than ten years ago. I'm sure you'll be ok but my advice is to get your cv out ASAP before you are forced to...

Best of luck, if you want to PM me your cv details I'll be happy to forward to my contacts...

Regds, Dave

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, saw the news today, and as an 'over 50' myself, I can understand your concern. The good news is that our industry (I am in telecoms) is far less ageist than ten years ago. I'm sure you'll be ok but my advice is to get your cv out ASAP before you are forced to...

Best of luck, if you want to PM me your cv details I'll be happy to forward to my contacts...

Regds, Dave

^^^^
Thats great, much appreciated.

pm sent

·
Registered
636 Posts
I have a close friend of mine who was based in the local branch in Cambridge - Hope there is a positive outcome from the situation ! Good luck to you and everyone else out there !

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for your support guys.

·
Registered
168 Posts
me n the mrs both got made redundant from comet 2 years back. its scary at the time but gave us the push we needed really. my advice would be sit it out til the end, make sure u fill in all claim forms and dont worry. i used my redundancy to get back in a skyline!

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
me n the mrs both got made redundant from comet 2 years back. its scary at the time but gave us the push we needed really. my advice would be sit it out til the end, make sure u fill in all claim forms and dont worry. i used my redundancy to get back in a skyline!
^^^
Yes I'm doing just that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts