Skyline Owners Forum banner

loss of power

1K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Jock Alert 
#1 ·
with my blitz bov on i seem to have lost a little power,especially with the turbo pick up, is this normal?
I've now reconnected my orginal dump vavle and the pick up seems great again.:confused:

#2 ·
you sure its not bleeding out air ?

#3 ·
Is the BOV adjustable? Should be a bolt/nut on the top you can adjust. Sounds like it is either releasing at too low a pipe pressure or stuck partially open (mine stuck last month..... Thought I had blown the gaskets!). Have a look-see down the horn when the engine is not running. If you see the brass cylinder blocking off the hole then its not stuck open.

#8 ·
Hmm... That, I am not sure of. Experiment and see what happens!

Mine stuck open (at 1.1 bar - oops) a while ago and the result was every time the car exceeded 3000rpm I got continous dumping of air. Not pleasant. I tooke the whole thing apart and cleaned it with brake cleaner and then left it in oil over night. When reconstructed, it was fine. The point is... I did fiddle with the adjuster nut but can't recall which way.

My ASSUMPTION (and its just that) is that tightening will increase the release pressure. If you do it, just turn it a little at first (to reduce the risk of stopping it working altogether).

SHould be able to get it sorted (if it is the BOV), they are relatively simple bits of kit (if its like mine.).

There are a few under bonnet pics on my site, and you should be able to see if its the same BOV as yours.

#9 ·
yes it is the same type. got some cracking phots on your site. i've just put a couple of blue dragons on the side of mine.
the old internal dump vavle should i blank it off or tee it off with the blitz.

#10 ·
woodyssn18 said:
yes it is the same type. got some cracking phots on your site. i've just put a couple of blue dragons on the side of mine.
the old internal dump vavle should i blank it off or tee it off with the blitz.

Dragons???? Thats copyright infringement that is!!!!!! ;)

Good on yer... Glad I am not the only one. But.... I have the Mats to match!

Anyways....

As far as the original recirculating BOV goes, I honestly don't know the answer. The dump valve was one of the few bits I didn't fit myself and I have never gotten up close to the original one so am afraid I can't help there.....

I would suspect something needs to be done with it, but what, I don't know. Afraid bigger brains than mine will need ta answer that (which means you are screwed on here!!!! :funny: :D ).

I smell a bit of abuse coming my way now.....

I woulda though whoever fitted the valve you have would have done the job properly, but you never know, and from what I have seen of others and my own standard valve, if there is something to be done to it, it is out of sight as mine, from the outside anyway, looks perfectly normal.

Sorry couldn't help more, but the answer is bound to appear on here in the near future once everyone get home from the pub!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.