Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just two quick questions. I am in the middle of designing an system that will allow people to buy lottery tickets over the phone, internet or Sky digitial. Once you've bought them you will get emailed or sms'd with the results and whether you have won or not. My questions are :

[1] if you play the lottery would it encourage you to play more often

[2] If you don't play the lottery would it encourage you to play and if so how often.

Cheers people.

Matt

oh and no sarcky comments about the lottery being awful etc I have heard them already:(

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
No and no... with my luck If I did win the lottery, I'd llose the ticket before I got to claim...

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
if i won the lottery I can tell you I would not actually play it ever again !!!!!!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AppleJack,

That's sort of the point, you don;t have a ticket to lose it's all done for you.

Matt

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
What I meant was that with my luck I would never win anyway...

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Mattb how are you going to get around the fact that there are millions of Pay as you go phones which are not even registered to an address. If one of them wins, hmmm there isnt much contact other than the phone itself.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There will be no correspondence between address and phone, this is very difficult to obtain anyway due to the DPA. You will provide a credit card/ debit card for payment and refund of minor wins. You will also have the option to keep your winnings in a "pot" for use or refund later. Foir any large winnings you will have to call in and provide your details and address and a cheque will be sent out to you. Obviously there will be security procedures in place to stop any fraud... we are still working on the details as the project is in an early stage.

Matt

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
i don't think it matters how easy you make it to actually get tickets the thing is it's still a 14 million to 1 shot the odds are what put people off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts