Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, since my car had been off the road for a few months it's had very noisey power steering. even when the car is just idling you can here it wine. So, i have changed the pump 3 bloody times and its still doing it, i even changed the rack. the power steering seems to work fine now but still very noisey, anyone shed some light on this??

also, since starting it for the 1st time in a while my tacho hasnt worked and the hicas light is one, is there an easy fix or certain things to rule out before i go mad?

thanks again

·
bla
17,374 Posts
I had a whine so i topped up the fluid... It didnt stop it for a while..... Then one day it stopped?!?!?!

Think it just happens mate, cold weather or sumat.... lol...

As for the hicas light etc... You tried reseting ecu?!?!?!

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
the noisey pump could just be an air lock..try jacking her up both front wheeels of the ground anf turn full lock each way and few times to bleed the system and top up regualry....they dont havea seperate bleed im told its just ime and top up .....

as for youre other problems ....id check electricla conections aint corroded if shes been stoood other than thats no idea

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice one.

i'll take the dial's out and have a poke around and see whats happends, i'll also do the power steering idea too. :)

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
I had this, even if the steering fluid looks ok put a bit more in. Worked a treat on mine :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.