Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, quick question.

My 33 gts-t is lowered by 40mm all round with springs.

I'm looking to upgrade suspension and am wondering if i replace springs / shocks do i have to look out for kit that is adjustable so that it can sit back to its 40mm lowered state?

Cheers!

·
Seasoned Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are your adjustable BigChief? How do you find tein? I've heard a few nasties about them on here.

Cheers!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I run Tein super streets and they're fine - TBH you'll hear nasty stories about lots of different parts, but generally it's people that don't look after them that have issues - you need to service them every once in a while, keep them clean and well oiled etc.

If all you want is to leave the car dropped how it is at the moment, why not keep the springs and just uprate the dampers? Far cheaper

·
Seasoned Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Arry,

My rear springs are corroded. I hear what your saying regarding keeping things tip-top.

Cheers!

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
Rising sun performance can get them and fit if you want...01962733729..damo.....mine are adjustable its an allen key on the top mount, pretty easy to do, servicing by keeping them clean and oiled so to stop any rusting....;)

·
Registered
441 Posts
mine are adjustable its an allen key on the top mount, pretty easy to do, servicing by keeping them clean and oiled so to stop any rusting....;)
That's the dampening adjustment, you should have height adjustment as well (if it's the Super Streets it'll be by winding on pre-load)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts