Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all an merry christmas . just wondering if anyone has used lucas ptfe in their gearboxes mine has a whining noise ive changed the thrust bearing and clutch so i ruled that one out i have been told that it has cured some whining on other cars {ie} bmw -ford focus - just asking if anyone on here has used this product for a similar reason any feed back would be appreciated thanks sorry if you have read this before but i was told i might get a better response here

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
By ptfe I presume you mean a sealant buck aye?? Have you used it to stop a leak or actually poured it in with the gear oil?? I couldn't see it doing any favours in the long run buck it might cure whine for a while but surely it would be just masking a bigger problem no??

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was told it cured the whining by adding it to the existing gear box oil but just wonderd if anyone knew if it worked or done more dAMAGE just trying to save a few qiuid at the mo with christmas on the door step an work slack

·
R33 GTS25-T
597 Posts
Since you are trying to save money I could tell you this:

Mine has a whine, I live with it. However, I know that the lucas oil stabilizer does some good stuff but do note that it just thickens everything up. Not too sure how it will make shifting of a morning or a cold start at night. You can try it until you have something done but I would just keep it in mind.

I use redline heavy shockproof in mine, it stopped the grinding I had but not the whining =(. I bet you have the little teeth that fell out of your gearbox inside of there. I found them when I changed mine. Now I am saving up for a rebuild, that's all I can do.

If you do this though, give me a PM and tell me how it all works and how the gears all work out, etc. I would like to know if it stops the whining in yours as it is somewhat of an embarrassment lol.

·
R33 GTS25-T
597 Posts
Oh, thanks a lot.

I hope you have a Merry Christmas too mate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.