Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went down to sss performance not far from me today to get my iridium plugs and splitfires, decided to fit them while i was down there and look what happened! went to undo no.1 plug and the thing sheered off with no efford at all leaving a stub in my head with nothing to lock onto it too undo it. thanks to one of the workers he managed to use a drill, chisle, hammer, 14mm spanner, some elbow grease and a hoover and 30mins later it was out!!! how lucky was i, thourght ye old head was going to have to come off!!!!

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Lucky barsteward!

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Lol.... bet it runs miles better now it dosent have them poop plugs in, lol.... was very lucky though... How would you off got it out if you went home????

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Ahh - The trusted hoover technique. I like! :)

Never seen plug sheer off there before, usually above the socket. Bet you were glad you was surrounded by mechanics!?

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
That was very very lucky indeed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
had the same thing happened to me last w.e mate, but lucky enough my pal had a magnetic socket n pulled her out!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
had the same thing happened to me last w.e mate, but lucky enough my pal had a magnetic socket n pulled her out!
magnetic socket? this was still threaded in my cylinder head tight with nothing to grip too unscrew it!! yeh pretty glad the guys at tripple s were there to help, didnt charge me either, just glad it was not a cylinder head job off!! lucky wasnt the word!!! i was removing them due to it holding back and missing on full boost at 5k+ revs, thing is it still does it with iridiums and splitfires, think its now overfueling?? or maybe the airflow meter??

·
SuprSkyline
62 Posts
Very very lucky!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts