Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Irish Metal Warrior
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dunno if any of you have heard about this yet but the NRA are going to reduce the speed limit from 120km to 100km on the M50 as they are calling it an "urban motorway" and the new limit would be implemented for safety reasons.

One of the lads from another forum decided to email them about this and this is the reply he got......

NRA said:
Dear Mr. O'Neill,

Thank you for your email.

The speed limit on the M50 on completion will be 100kph for a number of reasons as detailed below:

It is an urban motorway.
It has four lanes.
The lanes are narrower than normal.
The junctions are frequent.
Much of the M50 is serpentine in nature, with bends that limit advance visibility.
The new M50 has a concrete median barrier that also has the affect of reducing advance visibility.

Regards,

Annamarie McNally
Programme Administrator
National Roads Authority
What a load of crap. This country is a disaster!! :mad:

·
Registered
163 Posts
it aint gonna change a thing babe,well maybe not until the privatised companies come into play maybe then there will be enough poliecing of the limits,those EXCUSES above are so typically irish to me,tah be sure:gay::)

·
Irish Metal Warrior
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it aint gonna change a thing babe,well maybe not until the privatised companies come into play maybe then there will be enough poliecing of the limits,those EXCUSES above are so typically irish to me,tah be sure:gay::)
This country is the biggest disaster ever.
We'll build a bigger safer motorway, then when its at the height of safety, we'll reduce the speed limit from 120km to 100km :screwy:

They already have 100kph signs up on the south side of the M50
I saw that :disappointed:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts