Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Me on the road side thanks to some muppets, Saw the R32 Nice exhaust note and turbo sounds. Then R33, lovely rear valance.
The little pile up, thanks to a focus that hit me and the punto hit him thanks to a foriegn guy in a grey golf, german plates maybe ( if anyone got a plate or any info, please PM me )??.....decided he didnt want to road off to the right and sat on the central reservation rolling back and forth, i slowed cause he was in the road abit, he shot off in front of me, but idiot focus and punto were to close and not looking, bumpt me - BUT, alas the good old R33 suffered only scuffed paint on the bumper, the focus squashed his bumper and burst his radiator, the punto just died in the middle of the road. I love my faithfull Skyline ! -oh, and Wife ended up in the awfull royal infirmary with whipp lash though....but the car is fine ! :)

Can anyone confirm that when you get hit in the back, you cant really be blamed much as its the driver who is behind who is responsible for stopping and not ramming you in the tail ?? All help, much appreciated.

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
you are at no fault stoping distance and driving too close behind someone is no excuse whatever the weather, conditions have to be taken into the fact still not your fault its a no brainer

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
wot sometimes happens too is evreyone claims the person behind.if your at front no 1 claims against you.and if your at the back.youv no 1 to claim.but complicated things insurance claims.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well my insurance company agrees that im not liable in anyway as in the wet, the braking distance would and should naturally increase and even if i were acting a prat on the motorway, you/another driver should do there best to stay far enough back to not hit - IE, anticipate anything that could happen, even if unlikely. Just the guy in the focus was merrily jotting down everything about my car like it was my fault- hes still a muppet for saying to me and the officer dealing " I could'nt see why you slowed down, why did you slow down ? " , err cause thats what you do when you see a danger up ahead mate, i managed to slow down and not even have to brake hard or stop, he on the other hand seemed to not break at all until launching my car forwards and the lady behind with no insurance did even worse, writing her car off in the back of the focus - its all thanks to that traffic jam making people impatient and tailing one another. Anywho, Im pending a claim against the focus guy as my wife got whiplash to a degree of note ( seeing as she was the only one out of the 3 cars that was deemed needing hospital treatment, proof again of me not being liable id think ) and im now feeling well sick and have neck, head and back pain. So, i guess, if focus dude tries to claim, so will i.

Anywho, to see a couple of similar coloured Skylines blast past was a nice distraction ! Could have chucked me a tic tac or something on the way past though :)

·
Diesel Powered RB25
5,954 Posts
glad u got it sorted am dealin with my own insurance claim well my sisters as she was pullin out from a junction and girl behind her decided not to..... good riddance to her megane coupe lol bring on a 100nx ha ha also i managed to get myself as named driver on her courtesy car(fastest on earth).

but again glad ur sorted mate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts