Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right ok...

so what would this thing be like to maintain?

93 2.5 GTS Turbo

Servicing (is it every 4500?) and how much?
Parts?
Are they reliable?
What parts will go wrong at so many miles? (its at 63000 at the mo)?

etc etc etc

oh and petrol wise?

Cheers. shils.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
I have one and they are hideously reliable, mine had 27,000km on when i got it and now has nearly 104,000 combined miles and Ks. It doesnt go wrong and the single biggest expense is spark plugs (other than the odd go faster bit). The service interval is whenever i get the impression it feels like it needs doing. I change the oil before every track event

Get your name down on the group buy list for the Denso plugs they will get rid of any misfire at around 5000 revs if you have that (quite common) and if you dont then you wont get it when you tweak the boost up a bit

Petrol wise is entirely geared to your driving style, i can get near 30mpg if driving like a a little old lady however prodigious use of the right foot will bugger that completely

Paul

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts
Providing it's stock

And you're not a track day addict, services every 6000 miles should do it. Mine was fine during the three & a half years of ownership.

Cheap mod: Replace your stock exhaust with a stock cat back from a R33 GT-R. Shouldn't cost more than £100 fitted, and most Skyline tuners have a stack lying around out back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts