Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of using a piece of pipe and drilling 4 holes in it, then placing it between the seat and the headrest of both of the front seats. So theres a pipe going between them at shoulder height.

I need a way to connect the bottom of the videocamera to the pipe. Any idea of the best way to do this so the camera is secure and does not rotate (Stays pointing out of the widscreen)

·
Registered
655 Posts
I've been thinking about something like this also. I'd suggest perhaps having some kind of bolt/thread on the top of the pipe as the majority of cameras have a place they can be screwed onto tripods - think they are a standard size too.

Very interested in what you come up with bud :) could do with one myself!

·
Registered
2,435 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The G-Clamp is a good idea. I might consider it if I can't keep the costs down to a minimum.

Anyone know the side of the thread on the camera mount? Maybe I can simply bolt it to the pipe

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
i guess you could bodge that clamp with a spot weld depending on what its made of.
(or super glue if you really wanna bodge it properly lol)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I use one of these "super clamp"
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Manfrotto-35-Super-Clamp-with-Wedge-Insert_W0QQitemZ250381340460QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CamerasPhoto_CameraAccessories_TripodsSupports?hash=item250381340460&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1690|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Its pretty damn sturdy being a solid chunk of metal, the only thing to make sure is that you get a spiggot with the correct screw thread for your camera (1/4" is standard i believe).

It's basically designed to hold up lighting and all sorts of stuff but its holds the camera on solid to a rollcage/rollbar, i've had a camera strapped to a caterham's roll bar with no issues, and same in the skyline, plus its compatible with all sorts of extention arms etc, if you want to get fancy shots, and they are good with heavy camera equipment... or in the case of weird people like me the supension of a caterham :p

·
White/carbon r34
1,051 Posts
use a screw thread to screw the camera on to and on the bar between the head rests, drill an elongated hole each side and have a cushioned slider which u tighten with a wing nut that gently clamos the camera pointing ahead and wont let it rotate.
ok crap pic but done it quickly.

u get the idea

Attachments

·
White/carbon r34
1,051 Posts
the outer holes are for the head rest to go thro,
the elongated holes for the cushioned pegs to slide and clamp ur camera still,
the pegs in red
the camera in grey.
front view and top view.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts