Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Diesel Powered RB25
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys bought my new car with a tapping noise took it straight to the garage in wishaw. Who diagnosed it as the manifold/block gasket apparently a common failing on R33 gtst. So i have to replace both gaskets as one has to come off to replace the other.

Anyway my question is with all exhausts the studs become brittle after time wat should i order at nissan to replace the ones that are there already.As i always find it's better to do summit ryt 1st time than twice half assed!!!

Also i realise i could ask nissan parts guy but really after a previous dealing with them last week.

Part man asked me my model no. i quoted R33 Gts he said no sir sorry the model not registration no. lol. So logic is go in with half a clue and between the two dafties me included in that should get it ryt lol.

Cheers C

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
i em kinda did the daft thing an used nissan for gaskets novice to skyline parts mate.

But cheers for advice and will call them for price on studs tomorrow
thats the best gaskets to use mate, is the exhaust a long one piece one, if so then its the right one its thicker than the 6 individual exhaust gaskets, and the turbo to manifold should be a metal one, the studs are a must they usuallt break....:cheers:

·
Diesel Powered RB25
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the one i have is the long one and the metal one for turbo. I went to nissan as when it comes to engine parts it's best to do it ryt 1st time kinda thing. Plus least with nissan if it went wrong i'd have some kind of fall back. So can i be really daft and ask if all am asking for is turbo/manifold studs. As when i pick 2nd gasket up tomoz i'll order these car isnt going in till monday.

Also been lookin at posting of the germany trip mate ur car looks **** hot. Can see y ur head of things cheers for the advice Keith hope to meet u soon.

cheers C

Also u look pretty handy with a sledge hammer!!!!!

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
its always best to ask, ive expierienced the thin gaskets and they are crap unless yr manifold is perfectly straight and thats not to common with the heat these cars push out, there is a great bunch of guys in the scotland area, really helpful and lovely guys, they have helped me loads so ill be coming up for one of their meets in the near future.....it will be good to link up bud....:cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts