Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
I had very girly rods in my 26 so these are probably a lot better :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
haha, did you expect any serious answers lol! Eagle rods seem to be the rod of choice on the RB's! I dont know anyone who has used Manley rods in an rb motor but they are widely used on chevy v8's etc.

·
Seasoned Member
4,032 Posts
i fitted manly rods to a subaru impreza turbo,very well made,good quality. its the rod bolts that are the most important usualy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for some answers. i am rebuilding my engine this winter and have ok prizes on these rods. that is why i try finding some information. and i am not exactly that big amount of hp, so the best of the best is not necessary. but some rods that can take about 600 bhp.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
thanks for some answers. i am rebuilding my engine this winter and have ok prizes on these rods. that is why i try finding some information. and i am not exactly that big amount of hp, so the best of the best is not necessary. but some rods that can take about 600 bhp.
oem rods can take 700bhp+

its the conrod bolts that fail

save some money, get the oem ones shot peened and some decent bolts in them and they will be fine

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
oem rods can take 700bhp+

its the conrod bolts that fail

save some money, get the oem ones shot peened and some decent bolts in them and they will be fine
agree ^^^^stockers should be fine, unless a) you want to take higher revs, and b) the little end bearings arent shot (rarely are) otherwise i wouldnt have changesd mine, was only in case of any little end wear, i think the stock rod is actually better than after market, strong and with better oilsupply

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
agree ^^^^stockers should be fine, unless a) you want to take higher revs, and b) the little end bearings arent shot (rarely are) otherwise i wouldnt have changesd mine, was only in case of any little end wear, i think the stock rod is actually better than after market, strong and with better oilsupply
I want to build the engine so it is capable for more then what i am going for now. have just had my car since may this year so i was not really sure what condition my engine was, it is an old car so i want to be sure it will be a good ,reliable engine for next season. i want to build it up from the bottom or else it could end up with paying alot of money for stuff that cant take the power when i tune it up even more and i know that it can take some track day use. :devil:

·
Seasoned Member
1,026 Posts
you can try out my manly rod when ever u want my love!. x
Ha ha!

I had Manley rods in my rb26 build, (brand advised by tuner) had it in bits to do the big ends so did the pistons and rods at the same time, not running massive power at moment (415) due to fuelling being standard (that will be addressed soon!) but did them to save having to have the engine out and stripped again in the future.

Tuner spoke highly of them and they have kept the pistons moving up and down very nicely since April.
Some photos of them on my thread……
http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111037

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Ha ha!

I had Manley rods in my rb26 build, (brand advised by tuner) had it in bits to do the big ends so did the pistons and rods at the same time, not running massive power at moment (415) due to fuelling being standard (that will be addressed soon!) but did them to save having to have the engine out and stripped again in the future.

Tuner spoke highly of them and they have kept the pistons moving up and down very nicely since April.
Some photos of them on my thread……
http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111037
looks like the same work i am doing to my engine . with cp pistons too.. heard many that have good experience with these. and i have bauht too ihi rx5 turbos with costom made manifold and i am going to run on e85 fuel. cant wait to get the car on the tracks.. :)

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts