Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have bought this manuaul boost controller and have tried to follow the instructions but the problems is the destructions say that i connect to the wastegate no problems and the i connect to a pipe comming from my turbo.
and thats where my problem lies there isnt one. i run an r33 gtst 2.5 turbo obviously on an nreg.
ple3ase help and pulling my hair out and im grey all ready so dont want to be bald.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
There is no pipe from the turbo but there is one from the hard boost pipe. You should fit one end here and the other to the wastegate. What type of manual boost controller is it as some are not very good for your engine.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Depends what manual controller it is. It its something like a Dawes Devices one it will be absolutly fine, if its a 3 way bleed valve then you should expect trouble. Just because its a manual controller doesn't make it worse than an electic one in fact the Dawes Devices one i used to use caused far less spikes than the Apexi AVCR im using now.

·
4,143 Posts
spot on dave get a powertek one off ebay as they are by far the best and i have had 3 now he will pre-set it to what boost you want and zero spikes

·
stuck in the middle .....with you
8,249 Posts
go to APEX PERFORMANCE website and get a bren device,(manual boost controller)best thing to get if you want a decent boost control without splashing out loads,IIRC its about £40

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks to all of you, youve all been well helpful and youve given me alot to think about.
ive been checking electronic and manual so hoping to get the right choice for me.
the next thing is the unit im using at the moment does not have any way of gauging on the boost controller.
so im being very thick but when i turn the screw does my gauge inside the car move to a higher level on tickover.
cause at the moment its running 6.
sorry for being a pain

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
DO NOT alter the boost without a decent accurate gauge. The stock ones are inaccurate and you won't be able to tell if you are running too much boost. The controller from APEX looks like a good one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts