Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
i run one on my s1 rs turbo but i dont no if i would on my skyline

·
4,143 Posts
i have used the loads and aslong as its good one then its fine.poertek ones on ebay are by far the best and i will use them time and time again

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
I will always go with electronic as I can tell if its been spiking. if you can save a bit its a worthwhile mod.

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
personally i have both, i use the MBC...

reason being is its more reliable and due to the way it works (ball and spring) they get weaker with age and due to that i have never seen one spike

take your pick really:guiness:

·
4,143 Posts
i never had a problem with a poowertek one,a cheap one i got wasmn't good at all buit get a poertek one and there are great and the bloke will even set it upon a flow bench so everyone i have had is so easy to fit as it just boosts to the boost i asked him to set it to!

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
I was thinking about getting a manual as well. But i havent got any gauges either yet so i think i better wait till i have some more money hehe.

·
4,143 Posts
you have to have a boost guage and a good one.if you want a good cheap boost guage get a tim 2 bar one as they are onl;y £20 odd and work well but i would have a boost guage even on a standard car as they are cheap but well worth having

·
4,143 Posts
think about it your standrad boost control is the same as a manual boost controller its just not adjustable as ALL A MBC DOES IN MAKE A RESTRICTON HOLE AND THE STANDARD BOOST CONTROL HAS A DRILL RESTRICTOR PUT OIN THE PIPEWORK

·
Registered
130 Posts
I used a manual one before i upgraded, spring and ball bearing type worked fine for over a year only removed it cos i went for an AVCR

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fitted my manuel boost controller yesterday i got from driftworks and it seems to work great its a bit of a balls to set haveing a start drive stop get out adjust get back in drive etc etc but other than that its working great

it is the blue one they sell ball and spring type..

just going to keep an eye on my boost gauge for a while..but so far so good ive done 150 miles driveing so far no probs:dogpile:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts