Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just a heads up about this company as they're trying to screw me over, and won't pay for shipping costs for parts needed even though I was on a like for like modified scheme make sense of that ? ;(

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Dammit, my sister just swopped her Evo insurance ov r from Highway to markerstudy last week as they were coming in 80quid cheaper this year.

Both my skyline and Evo are up for insurance in July, looks like I'll be sticking with highway again.

It's a pity you only find our how good a company is when you have to make a claim

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dammit, my sister just swopped her Evo insurance ov r from Highway to markerstudy last week as they were coming in 80quid cheaper this year.

Both my skyline and Evo are up for insurance in July, looks like I'll be sticking with highway again.

It's a pity you only find our how good a company is when you have to make a claim
Tell me about it

·
Always sideways
4,231 Posts
Highway and markerstudy are underwriters, I'm with highway through greenlight (broker) it would surprise you how many policies are underwritten by highway or markerstudy and sold by brokers who are just the public face of the whole thing
You're absolutely right. I hadn't even realised that my policy is underwritten by Highway. I guess it does pay to read the small print! :cheers:

·
Always sideways
4,231 Posts
Hi all, just a heads up about this company as they're trying to screw me over, and won't pay for shipping costs for parts needed even though I was on a like for like modified scheme make sense of that ? ;(
Taken from my policy: "We will not pay the cost of importing parts that are not available in any country contained within the geographical limits", where the Geographical Limits refer to the "United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands".

Quite a clever statement on their part as it completely absolves them of any liability for parts that invariably will require importing for cars that were imported in the first place...frustrating as hell for you and any other owner though!

I would assume from your difficulties that your policy documents stated the same.

Nightmare. :(

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
As far as I was aware I was on a modified car scheme and when sky Insurance sold me the policy they just told me it was on a like-for-like basis not stating anything about shipping so I just thought it was all good and everything was covered,
(sky insurance) it's also to blame as I feel I was mis-sold a policy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts