Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Forum loiterer!
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to find out a ball park figure as i know its a popular mod for most big bhp upgrades but no one has said at what point it usually maxes out.

Im not planning big power (budget is 'water' tight) so not sure if i need one. Looking at around 280-300 @hubs when done with FMIC, full 3 1/2" zorst, SAFC, Apexi intake, Greddy boost control and Thor style plenum mod.

Any ideas??
:cheers:

·
bla
17,374 Posts
It should be fine with those mods....

Id change it to a z32 at 300bhpaw but most people take them to 340bhpaw......

But for the sake of it, get one and have more power :D

·
bla
17,374 Posts
P.s mines maxed and im running around 300bhp, injectors maxed too.... ... Not been rr yet so unsure of power...

·
Forum loiterer!
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers, looks like it might be close to max then when im done. i need more money lol

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Injectors and AFM can normally handle more than the std turbo, most run front mount, exhaust, power fc, induction kit and upto 0.85-0.90 bar and injectors and AFM are still ok, i believe injectors max out before AFM.

·
Censored
7,453 Posts
Also, if you are maxing your AFM out it doesnt mean you are limited, unlike injectors. Your ECU can still be mapped, it just requires some safe guesswork. There's no technical reason you couldnt run 500bhp on a stock AFM.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Mine too :gay:

·
proud owner of an RB26
314 Posts
as above, it depends what ECU you have as to whether you need to upgrade

·
Scotland Area Rep Aberdeenshire
3,249 Posts
Just trying to find out a ball park figure as i know its a popular mod for most big bhp upgrades but no one has said at what point it usually maxes out.

Im not planning big power (budget is 'water' tight) so not sure if i need one. Looking at around 280-300 @hubs when done with FMIC, full 3 1/2" zorst, SAFC, Apexi intake, Greddy boost control and Thor style plenum mod.

Any ideas??
:cheers:
the standed one is better then the thor one so a waste of money £340??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts