·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
i think its around the 340-350 bhp mark

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so basically it would be around 300whp max with the stock injectors. thats really not good at all. i tried to upgrade but they kept leaking so i had to use the stock ones. switching to a top feed setup soon.

·
Registered
441 Posts
they shouldn't leak - if they do you've fitted them incorrectly. Did you use new seals and did you grease them on insertion? (ooo err!)

You can squeeze more out of them by upping the fuel pressure but this needs to be done very carefully with good mapping required.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am using an emanage ultimate to tune it but i currently have no fuel regulator to up the pressure. i think it was leaking becasue of the rail. i got another rail from a friend and it seems to be working just fine now with the stocks but i really dont want to mess with it in fear that they are going to leak again. the leak was so bad that it would lock the motor up and i would have to vacuum the fuel out of the chambers throught the spark plug hole. really dont want that happening anymore so i hope that you can understand my caution.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hydraulic lock eh - cool :D

If they're correctly installed you really shouldn't have an issue. If you really want to leave as is, as I say, a decent adjustable FPR to raise fuel pressure a few psi should squeeze a little more out.

Either that or the cheap pikey route, wack a socket down on top of the std FPR ;) (not guaranteed and could damage things which is bad mmmkay)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the problem with the other rail was that the person who had it before painted it and that it was chipping really bad so i had my friend sand blast it clean and i think that it made the inside of the rail real rough and that caused the o-rings to leak real bad. maybe with the rail i have now it should be fine. just dont want to mess it up if its running good right now. also the caps on the injectors that we bought all came off the end of the injector so i would have to put them in with just the o-ring and no caps at the end to keep them in there right.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, those things. the ones that came with the new injectors fell off when i put them in. the injectors are 800cc JECS. they seem to be really cheaply made but we got them becasue they were a direct fit.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
To get max out of stock injectors, would it be any advantage to replace AFM with a Z32 or Q45.
or

Will injectors give out before the AFM?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no, with the 800cc injectors i wanted 500+whp out of it but with the stockers i want just 350whp or around that. i am thinking about attempting to put the 800's in again but i need new oring's for them. the ones they came with got torn up by the old rail. maybe i will bring them to get flow tested and have the guy put new rings and caps while i am at it. they are direct drop in. thats why i ordered them.

·
Registered
441 Posts
You don't want to use any more than 80% injector duty.
I've heard that a lot but I can't ever recall anyone blowing an engine due to a 95% duty - poor mapping yes, but an engine failure by too high a duty cycle causing injector to fail (obviously not 100% cos that's silly :D) I've never really heard of

·
Registered
164 Posts
Running to 80% duty cycle allows for longer duty cycles to occur, for example at such times when the battery voltage is low and has to compensate by increasing the injector pulsewidth to counteract the increase dwell time :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts