Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
gttjohn
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys and gals ive just done a test just for the hell of it to see how the two types of fuel measure up for mpg and this is what i found out,,,
i drove under 3k rpm for the last two weeks . on maxol e5 in 7 days from red light to fill up to the neck to red light on the fuel guage i gut exactly 320 killometers . on topaz i got exactly 401 killometers i noticed slightly more power on maxol e5 but nothing realy noticeable my car is stage 1 except for the ecu which is still standard so if you want 79 kms per tank more stay clear of maxol thats my findings just thought ide share that all the best.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hmmm interesting, the 320 is what I get to a tank but id be having a good bit of fun, Robbie at tdp said topaz petrol is terrible so i dont ever use it but 79kms is a good bit extra milage on a single tank!

·
gttjohn
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep thats deffinatly true its a pity we dont get the higher ron fuel our cousins in the uk get or even better the jap fuel ahhh shite

·
Seasoned Member
9,196 Posts
Topaz petrol is no worse then any other petrol I assure you. None of it is hectic to be honest. Its fairly consistently shite in this country across the board.
apart from the topaz around the corner from me, i can assure you this stuff is pure shite, it foams up while being pumped into the car, so something tells me its not just petrol

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,712 Posts
good test John, i did something similar when i got my skyline first when it was compeltly stock and E5 used alot more fuel

i only run texaco now and if im really stuck will stick esso on the run petrol in but only enough to get me to another texaco

·
gttjohn
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah ive never used texaco ill try that next also ill take into account that ill have it mapped for texaco fuel aswell if it works for you guys why not

·
Registered
138 Posts
What is it that makes Texaco fuel better than the rest. To be honest I fill up at whichever station is closest at the time but lately have been using e5. I have never noticed any difference in performance or mileage.

·
Seasoned Member
9,196 Posts
What is it that makes Texaco fuel better than the rest. To be honest I fill up at whichever station is closest at the time but lately have been using e5. I have never noticed any difference in performance or mileage.
for me its because its either that or the shitty topaz around the corner... there is an esso close by too but its handier to get to the texaco

·
Seasoned Member
9,196 Posts
What would be involved in running e85.
new map different injectors new pump i think too, not too sure really only a few people are running it.

Ye should spend a day down the docks and see the oil trucks going in and out, see the "Difference" :D
probably no difference at all, but all i know is if it foams up while going into the tank i aint putting it in.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.