Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PRICE REDUCTION NOW £3800 if viewed this week, going back up to £4800 at the end of the week!

Thank you for looking at this listing, I am reluctantly putting up for sale my amazingly fun MX5 MK1 that has been supercharged in time for the summer!

I really do love this car and the only reason I am looking to sell it is I practically never use it so I feel it would be better suited to someone who has time to enjoy it.
When I purchased this car it did not run correctly as it was fitted with the piggyback ecu that comes with the Jackson kit. I took it straight away to Skuzzle motorsport to have a brand new ECU fitted along with a full tune by Nick. This was at a cost of just over £1500! This was completely worth it as the car is now an absolute blast to drive.

Car features/Interesting mods
Jackson Racing Supercharger
Brand new Jackson Racing HT Lead set (only done 50 miles)
Brand new NGK BKR7e Spark Plugs (only done 50 miles)
ME221 ECU + Tune to 184bhp with readout to prove.
ID1050 1050cc injectors to suit the supercharger setup.
15inch Enkei RPF1 wheels
Half Cage Rollbar
Genuine Nardi Steering Wheel
Brand new speakers and tweeters
Twin Exit Exhaust
Upgraded LED headlights (originals included)
Upgraded intake headlight duct
Upgraded sidelight ducts (originals included)
Black Leather tonneau cover for the roof when it's down
Ctek Charger connector on the battery in the boot
Mohair Roof with a glass rear window
Side reflectors replaced by canards
This is a power steering and Electric Window Model
In the centre armrest compartment there is an engine kill switch so you can leave it parked with the roof down without a worry.
Comes with a Private "MAZ" licence plate
Comes with a folder of receipts.

Good Points
The car is amazingly straight with no rust at all in the usual MX5 spots (the major reason I purchased it)
It runs perfectly but does idle a little strangely when cold but Nick tells me this is normal due to the supercharger kit, it used to stall at junctions when I purchased it without the ME221 and now never does, it just seeks a little that is all.
It is extremely quick off the line with so much power and being a light car.
It pulls hard and stops hard.
The car is always garaged so it has avoided all bad weather and is mint.

Not so good points
Sadly when this car was imported roughly 10/11 years ago it was almost immediately written off, however after investigation this was only due to a minor bump on the bonnet and the drivers side wing, however due to the value of the car at the time it became a CAT C. If you check the history on the car you will see how well it's passed all MOT's after this. I have had the car up in the air and there is no chassis damage at all, please don't let it put you off at least viewing and driving the car, it will change your mind like it changed mine!

The drivers side wing I think was a pretty naff replacement as it is now starting to show signs of rust however they can be purchased for £20/30 so it's not the end of the world, I was going to sort it but as I don't use the car I didn't feel it necessary.

The diff is a slight bit of play in it as it's only a standard one and it's getting a bit tired of all the power (still works perfectly just getting a little noisy), so when coming off the throttle you hear a bit of a wirrrr. I was going to purchased a LSD for it but again due to not using it I haven't. You could always buy a normal diff for £50 and fit that but I felt this car deserved the best.

Please call or text me on 07540257497 to arrange the viewing, the price is ONO.

1591799961341.png
1591799968632.png
1591799973353.png
1591799980121.png
1591799990821.png

1 - 1 of 1 Posts