Skyline Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few people might have herd by now that on sunday I swapped my R33 Shell for a S13.

I've got the car and... well all is not going well :(

In theory the idea was sound. TC gets an immaculate shell ready to put his burnt out car into.

I get a working Stock S13 to use as a run around and learn to drift.

Due to various issues that didn't happen, but I agreed to collect the car with a nakered T28 on it, I ordered a new T28 before I went and after advice on SXOC I asked TC to leave the Z32, stage 3 ECU and such on the car so i could run the T28 safely... he generously did this and I paid for all the transport costs.

TC said he wasn't comfortable putting the turbo back on incase it damaged the engine... this made perfect sense :)

but it's left me in a bit of a predicament...

This is the first Nissan I've worked on, It's the first Front engined RWD car I've worked on and worse of all it's the first Turbo car I've worked on

in short I don't know what im doing

add to that the random wires everywhere (which i think are from TCs old ICE that I asked him to remove) and I'm really in a jam

the car needs shed loads of work, and while im happy to put all the graft in the world into the car - I can't start without any knowlage

can anyone help me? For personal reasons I really need a working car right now and I spent my last dollar on Transport costs and a massive list of replacment parts I need (lord knows how much more I'm going to need to get before I'm done)

Help :gay: lol

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good start mate :) I can rescue the car, I just need to get a kick in the right direction

·
NORTHERN IRELAND AREA REP
8,608 Posts
Tc will be able to steer you in right direction with the wiring..
Why not fit the turbo??

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tc will be able to steer you in right direction with the wiring..
Why not fit the turbo??
I think he must be pretty busy, he doesnt always have time to reply to texts mate, and there is that much wrong I'd need to be talking to him non stop :(

sell me the car and buy a fully running car lol
are you in the market for an S13 like?

if anyone out there can come to me and help I'd really appriciate it :(

the car is so much worse than i thought, there are loads of missing bits and i keep finding more :( missing gaskets, copper washers, random wires, allot of the hoses don'e have clips on, or they aren't fastened up :(

whats worse is these are the bit's i've noticed... im sure there is allot more where all thoes issues came from :(

I so shouldn't have swapped a mint R33 shell for this :(

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys :)

I've got some pics i'll post up now, but it's pouring down atm so wont be going out in that! lol

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wouldn't mind helping you out sometime if I can, though unfortunately I'm doing 6 day weeks at the moment to try to afford sorting out my own car. If I manage to have a day or two off I'll get in touch.
thanks mate :)

I'm getting there... but getting it running is hard enough and after that the really hard part begins... getting it how I want it lol

if you get some free time mate that would be great

I've managed to get the turbo on, the oil feed was a nightmare, the hose looks like it's probably a bit long, but it had a top mount manifold on before so that might be why

I need some more copper washers, so have to get them tomorrow

and i can't get to 2 of the nuts to tighten them on the manifold :gay:

my kingdom for a ramp lol

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What needs done to car??
Get us pics and we will try point you right direction.
New Radiator
New FMIC
New FMIC pipework
All sorts of stuff in the engine bay is just "laid" there, nothing is secure
Brakes don't work (this i knew about but hoped would be sorted for me, but never mind)
Brake lines in the engine bay aren't secured to anything
I've swapped the turbo, but missing copper washers so need to get some tomorrow
Exhaust needs a hanger or something to secure it
Front bumper and valance need fitting correctly
lots of rust needs sorting
Random hoses need re-connecting, If i can work out where they go
needs bigger injectors fitting
Lots of the hoses have clips that are missing or not tight so all need checking
Wires - they are everywhere, not secure and not taped up, no idea what lots of them do
Battery in boot isn't secure at all
Need a seat runner for the drivers side (no seat, i'm gonna fit my corbeaus)
The steering wheel is wobbly
There are no hoses on the hose mounts on top of the rockers
The driver side head light arm (to make it move) falls off when you move the light
There has been some interior LEDs fit that stay on permanently so will run the battery down
All the wires for the head unit are conspicuous by their absence
I need to remove the A/C
The crease in the front slam panel needs pulling out
It looks like some of the gearbox bolts are too long, so they need replacing
There is a "something" on the inlet manifold that has a ton of instant gasket on it and some electrical tape wrapped around it - no idea what it is, or why it's bodged like that

and thats just off the top of my head

in short... it's a mess :( and I haven't even ran the car yet... so lord knows what other issues are lurking out there

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
New Radiator
New FMIC
New FMIC pipework
Brakes don't work (this i knew about but hoped would be sorted for me, but never mind)
Exhaust needs a hanger or something to secure it
lots of rust needs sorting
needs bigger injectors fitting
Wires - they are everywhere, not secure and not taped up, no idea what lots of them do
The steering wheel is wobbly
There are no hoses on the hose mounts on top of the rockers
The driver side head light arm (to make it move) falls off when you move the light
There has been some interior LEDs fit that stay on permanently so will run the battery down
All the wires for the head unit are conspicuous by their absence
I need to remove the A/C
There is a "something" on the inlet manifold that has a ton of instant gasket on it and some electrical tape wrapped around it - no idea what it is, or why it's bodged like that

in short... it's a mess :( and I haven't even ran the car yet... so lord knows what other issues are lurking out there
and i swapped a Mint Skyline shell for this nightmare lol... I need my head examining

never mind... the good news is that if i can get it to run then it's all downhill... i just need to rip out all the old work and build the car to my standard

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is it gonna be a track only car or road car with few drift days here and there.
road car with drift days... I'm about to pass (I hope) my bike test... so will have a bike to fall back on when/if I prang the S13

I'm gonna "half" strip it... remove the rear bench and sound proofing, but leave in the door cards, carpet and trim in the front of the car so that it's not too bad on the road :) I did this with my R25 Turbo, it makes it allot lighter but you keep the civility

how come your wondering matE?

T

·
0 Posts
New Radiator
New FMIC
New FMIC pipework
Exhaust needs a hanger or something to secure it - It's hangers are present, It's held up by the gearbox mounting brackets but I wasn't able to use that as the manifold was different and caused a tight angle.
lots of rust needs sorting - It's only the boot lid and the front cross member under the rad.
needs bigger injectors fitting - You now have these.
Wires - they are everywhere, not secure and not taped up, no idea what lots of them do - These will be under the ignition loom and are purely feeds. Apologies for not taping them up properly. ;)
The steering wheel is wobbly - Needs a washer behind the nut. I did mention it was a cheap ebay boss.
There are no hoses on the hose mounts on top of the rockers - These aren't a big problem if you fit another catch can. Just make sure to block off the PCV valve on the back of the plenum I told you to.
There has been some interior LEDs fit that stay on permanently so will run the battery down - Use the red illuminated rocker switch on the top next to the nitrous arming switch.
All the wires for the head unit are conspicuous by their absence - They are tucked behind the carpet between the two metal posts in the din hole.
I need to remove the A/C
There is a "something" on the inlet manifold that has a ton of instant gasket on it and some electrical tape wrapped around it - no idea what it is, or why it's bodged like that - That's the AAC valve and the tape was solely to hold it still in place till the sealant cured between the mating surfaces and the bolts. You can remove the tape if you want.

You haven't really text me anything too much, I did say before you left that I'll give you advice on anything you were unfamiliar with about the car did I not?

and i swapped a Mint Skyline shell for this nightmare lol... I need my head examining

never mind... the good news is that if i can get it to run then it's all downhill... i just need to rip out all the old work and build the car to my standard
More than happy to take the S13 back off you. Or at least if YOU don't then at least give me my numberplate for the shell.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
^^^^
Can't be fairer than that IMO

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.