Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried that 3 stage meguiars paint cleaner, polish and wax from halfords im thinking of getting it tomorow and cleaning the old baby!!!!!!!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
I would give all Meguires products 14/10 :bigthumb:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think the stage 1 bottle is like a t cut it says it gets all the swirls n light scratches off. then 2 polishes it and so on, i think i will buy it they all come to £24

·
Registered
530 Posts
I always use meguiars, it's worth getting the clay and the quick detailler too to keep the paint like glass.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Just bought that clay kit the other day. That job's going to take a while.............

Nxt generation tech wax is also spot on. Do that 3 stage system cleaner twice a year =before the winter and before summer if it ever gets here properly.

·
R32 GTR
1,562 Posts
I agree nxt generation tech wax is good. Clay bar works but it's a LOT of effort and won't last that long, but great for getting oily spot off.
They also do a shamy (SP?) thats like a towel and its BRILLIANT, I dried my whole car and only needed to wrinse it once!

·
Number 1 Monkey
591 Posts
The gold class products are the absolute dogs especially the wax (better finish on dark cars compared to tech wax). I have used the 3 bottle deep crystal system - my only complaint is that it takes ages to put on. I does look at bit better than gold class so it is only used maybe 2 -3 times a year.

Their clay bars are great too - gets all the crap out of the paint prior to waxing (always do this before I use the deep crystal.). Recommend the meguiars super shine microfiber cloths - pain free polishing and just chuck em in the wash when you are done. Think there should be a cleaning section on here.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just brought the 3 stage stuff, cant wait to get started tomorow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the joys of skyline ownership:cheers:

·
Registered
781 Posts
from what i have seen maccer do ( and i would say that he has the cleanist, shinnest skyline on here)
1. use clay with the quick detailer to smooth paint
2. use paint cleaner to remove all the crap (step 1)
3. use step 2 polish
4. use step 3 wax

then all you need to do to keep car clean is use the quick detailer to wipe off dirt
meguires reccommend doing the full treatment 2 times a year unless the car needs a lot of tlc

·
R33 GTS25
1,145 Posts
I did mine yesterday, with amazing results....

To be honest I was preparing to give the boot a respray as it felt very rough to the touch and had no shine in it at all. Then I heard a tale about clay....

I spent A LOT of money on Meguiar's products, but they will last me a long time (probably as long as the car). Bought all my stuff at autogeek.net and got busy.

1. Washed vehicle with NXT Gen Tech Wash and a microfiber mitt
2. Clayed entire vehicle with Pinnacle clay kit (Meguiar's is just as good, but availability was an issue)
3. Applied NXT Gen Tech Wax with a foam applicator (easy to use)
4. Buffed wax off an hour later

Tech wax has a mild abrasive/cleaning effect, but for rough paint a polish would still usually be recommended to clean the paint up before waxing. I skipped it because of the clay doing a p-r-e-t-t-y good cleaning job, and because the tech has some polishing properties to it. The result was still stunning.

Before last night's paint worship session, I had also used Scratch-X to remove envy marks* from my hood a few times, so that helped the overall result as well.....

*(envy marks=the scratches left on your paint by people sliding their finger nails along your exterior as they walk by your car. either due to admiration or simply due to being c*nts) :Uzi:

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
For some reason, Halford local to me only have the polish... so I try something else.

The pain is relatively clean being painted not too long ago... So I gave it a quick wash...

I jump straight to step2 with the Meguiar polish, and you can really see it brings out the color.

Then to protect the polish, I use Auto Gylm Deep Gloss Enchement (what ever it was called. :p)

Basically it is a sealant with hard wax in it, and the result was much better then what I have expected. but it was a pain trying to get the wax off, but buff to a shine I think my car never look better.

I also have the NXT Tech Wax, which is very easy to use... easy on and easy off...but the shine isn't as deep as the polish plus the sealent... :D

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
i love their stuff!!

did the GTR for JTS at Silverstone,spent 7 hours on it!

did wash with NXT
clay bar
scratch x
stage 1
stage 2
NXT wax

still looks clean and smooth as glass!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts